The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

How's Manc for non-Warehouse Proj EDM?

Hey all,

So I'm considering going to Mancester as one of my options (have an offer) but I'm in a bit of a pickle. I'm well aware of the Warehouse Project and how incredible it is but what with it only being on in autumn I was wondering what the dance scene is like in Mancester from January onwards.

A lot of clubs are closing everywhere but I'm wondering: are there still at least a couple of solid weekly nights for prog house, dnb, and jungle and the like?

I've seen there's a dnb society, also just wondering if anyone's in it and how active it is etc.

Final unrelated question: is there much opportunity for fringe/alternative theatre at Manc? I'd be doing an academic degree but love to take part in theatre like that but I don't see a dedicated fringe company at the uni.

Reply 1
It's one of the biggest cities, you shouldn't have a problem. There's also a very active alternative theater scene if you ask around, do a bit of Googling.

Any major city will cover these nicely, so don't let it factor too much in your decision on where to go.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Stay clear of EDM, rubbish. Manchester is the rave capital of the world. WHP & Sankeys, two of the biggest underground venues there is in Europe. Not to mention a lot of smaller nights/events/venues. But absolutely huge in regards to an "anti" EDM scene.
(edited 6 years ago)
warehouse runs pretty much throughout the year now and theyre reopening the venue under piccadilly. Also mint lounge, fac51, venus, sankeys reopened i believe... and plenty others i probably dont even know about. Id say only London does better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending