The Student Room Group

'Double Majoring' in the UK

For example, if Mr. A wants to do both Computer science and electrical engineering in pursuit of a future career in the technology industry, despite universities in the UK do not offer such opportunities, is it possible to undertake both courses, or perhaps take computer science for 3 years, and then take another course in electrical engineering for another 3 years....

Uh this sounds confusing now, please help me!

Thank you

-Jeffrey
I think it is possible, but depends on the institutions. In this case, you would be doing one full-time degree, AND one part-time degree. But the PT one is going to take you a lot more time than three years to complete.

As for the second option: Why don't you obtain another bachelor degree in this case?

I personally have a friend who got a psychology degree from Oxford, and is doing a medical degree at University of Hong Kong now. I know there's a law professor in City University of Hong Kong who did a bachelor at Harvard, than a master at LSE, THAN (finally) a law undergraduate degree at Cambridge.

I personally wouldn't recommend that unless you do have the time and money, but if you are willing to spend six years of money and time anyway, having two degrees is more worthwhile than having two majors in one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending