The Student Room Group

Interrailing tips Spring/Summer 2014?!

Hi guys,

So I'm currently working full time to fund my travelling desires before I go off to university next year... I finish my current placement at the end of March/Early April. I wanted to explore as much as I can using the least amount of money possible and stumbled across this 'interrailing' across Europe idea - have any of you guys actually done this? Tips please! :smile:

I aim to go back home at the end of May latest, so at least I can have the option of taking my Further Maths exams if I can be bothered to :x
Reply 1
I really want to interail in southern or eastern europe in may/June for like 6-8 weeks... Where are you thinking/have you looked at alternatives e.g. sailing or buses. I get travel sick so am a bit worried but it's such a great opportunity and I have soooo many contacts in europe! :smile:
Reply 2
Ooh, I forgot about this post!

So hey guys, I'm planning to leave on 2nd/3rd April for a month, haven't yet planned a route but def will before I leave. Is there anybody out there that would like to join? The more the merrier :')
Original post by xsindy
Ooh, I forgot about this post!

So hey guys, I'm planning to leave on 2nd/3rd April for a month, haven't yet planned a route but def will before I leave. Is there anybody out there that would like to join? The more the merrier :')

Aprils a tad it early due to exams and stuff as most people are likely finishing A2 before there gap year but interrailing is something im considering doing during my gap . Where do you plan on going first ?
Reply 4
I'm considering during my gap year also, looking to travel in Southern Europe primarily

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Aprils a tad it early due to exams and stuff as most people are likely finishing A2 before there gap year but interrailing is something im considering doing during my gap . Where do you plan on going first ?

Well I'm on my gap year already, finished my A2s last year o_o
London -> Belgium first probably
Original post by xsindy
Well I'm on my gap year already, finished my A2s last year o_o
London -> Belgium first probably

Ah right , shame :redface:

Do tell us how it goes !
Reply 7
Ah right , shame :redface:

Do tell us how it goes !

I will do~ let me know how yours go too!

I might give up the interrailing idea, left it way too late to plan... been caught up with work :/, will def travels though!

If I don't interrail this summer I def will next summer!
Original post by xsindy
I will do~ let me know how yours go too!

I might give up the interrailing idea, left it way too late to plan... been caught up with work :/, will def travels though!

If I don't interrail this summer I def will next summer!

You sure its not just the nerves ? :tongue: I do admit it is abit intimidating to think of traveling countries with no one you know with you (maybe your not alone) .

I'm not too sure about the interrailing tbh , think I might just travel / volunteer in somewhere like Thailand.
Reply 9
You sure its not just the nerves ? :tongue: I do admit it is abit intimidating to think of traveling countries with no one you know with you (maybe your not alone) .

I'm not too sure about the interrailing tbh , think I might just travel / volunteer in somewhere like Thailand.

I wanted to do that too, but not enough money T^T I've been working since December to fund these travel plans of mine... fun :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest