Any Law and Economics students/ applicants?

Watch
Simsy96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Whilst applying to Edinburgh for Economics and Law, I have found very little online about this course. I haven't been able to find out when offers are given and what the uni is like. Is anyone in the same boat as me and could shed some light on application process and the uni, or is there anyone currently taking this course and could talk about it? I really want to take this course but I have not a single clue about the course at this uni.

Cheers,

Simsy
Doc.Daneeka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What type of applicant are you? (Home; EU; RUK; International?)

Why did you apply to the uni and that programme if you don't know anything about it?
Simsy96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Doc.Daneeka)
What type of applicant are you? (Home; EU; RUK; International?)

Why did you apply to the uni and that programme if you don't know anything about it?
I am from England, and I have a sheer passion for those two subjects. I have heard such great reviews about the uni and their prospectus sold the uni, but I never went to any open days or got to look deeply into the course as I may have been able to visit the uni at an open day (costs of travel and lack of time to go up and visit)
BenMcAvoy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm a 4th year studying Economics and Accounting, so I can tell you about Economics. In first year you will study one main economics course, economics 1a and then maybe an optional economics course depending on the law part of your degree. Economics 1a assumes no prior knowledge of economics so it really is basic economic theory, ie supply and demand etc. You'll study microeconomics in 1st semester and macro in 2nd. Assessments for this course is made up of essays, online tests and a 3 hour exam. In 2nd year you will study 2 main economics courses, them being, Economics 2, basically a step up from economics 1a and Issues in Global Economics, focusing on economics in a global scale, looking at money supply and demand, looking at the Solow-model, globalisation etc. In 3rd year you will study Topics in economic Analysis 1, mainly about insurance markets, game theory, auction theory and bargain theory. You'll also do essentials of econometrics, which is basic statistics and applications of economics, the subject most people fear. Its about globalisation, monetary and fiscal policy and developing countries. In 4th year you'll either do a dissertation in economics, about 16,000 words or a dissertation in law, plus your choice of another 2 economics courses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (240)
56.87%
I don't have everything I need (182)
43.13%

Watched Threads