The Student Room Group

Extra Time Testing?

Hey,

So, I voiced my concerns about the illegibility of my handwriting, in particular regards to exams and am being tested for extra time tomorrow.

Should I write at 'normal pace' (i.e. fast in exam conditions = very messy and partially illegible) OR write slowly, ensuring my handwriting is legible (which extra time would allow me to do in an exam)

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by itsConnor_
Hey,

So, I voiced my concerns about the illegibility of my handwriting, in particular regards to exams and am being tested for extra time tomorrow.

Should I write at 'normal pace' (i.e. fast in exam conditions = very messy and partially illegible) OR write slowly, ensuring my handwriting is legible (which extra time would allow me to do in an exam)

Thanks.

whatever you do, the key thing is what you write must be readable. otherwise you will lose a lot of marks which would make it all pointless. so write at a steady speed . not too slow or not too fast. good luck!
They'll probably ask you to do several things. I was asked to copy out a sentence as fast as I could and then as neatly as I could.
Original post by itsConnor_
Hey,

Thanks.

Just do what comes naturally to you. Extra-time is about getting what you need, not an advantage. Don't try and play it strategically.

Quick Reply

Latest