The Student Room Group

What coupe to buy?

Hi there i'm looking for a new car and after saving for a couple of years im stuck with what to get i want either of the car in black BMW 3 SERIES, AUDI A5, MERCEDES E CLASS COUPE, anyone have any experiences with these and can share there views thanks
Reply 1
If you want a coupe to enjoy driving, go for something Japanese and RWD.

Nothing wrong with German sports cars, they're just not "Real" coupes... Not nearly as much of an experience and are really a bit on the soft side.

If you want a car to pose in however, go ahead, I'd personally go for a E46 330Ci...
Reply 2
Original post by JDV10
If you want a coupe to enjoy driving, go for something Japanese and RWD.

Nothing wrong with German sports cars, they're just not "Real" coupes... Not nearly as much of an experience and are really a bit on the soft side.

If you want a car to pose in however, go ahead, I'd personally go for a E46 330Ci...

WTF are you talking about?
A "coupe" is a body style nothing more.
A5!!!
Reply 4
Original post by JC.
WTF are you talking about?
A "coupe" is a body style nothing more.

So you implying coupes aren't designed to handle better than their family/5 door variations?

You hero.
Reply 5
Original post by JDV10
So you implying coupes aren't designed to handle better than their family/5 door variations?

You hero.

There are many that are just that, it is called a "lifestyle car" and beyond its looks there isn't anything else going for it.
Reply 6
Original post by JDV10

You hero.

Well I suppose a 4 door shell is going to be slightly more rigid due to the extra pillar you get from the extra set of doors, but the average joe, despite however many fast 'n furious films they may have watched, isn't going to be talented enough to notice...
Reply 7
Considering this forum is populated mostly by students who are likely struggling to afford a tin of pringles, this sounds like a heavy brag thread.
Reply 8
Original post by Dannyboyo
Considering this forum is populated mostly by students who are likely struggling to afford a tin of pringles, this sounds like a heavy brag thread.

he never said it was new new ?

could be a new old car
Reply 9
Either way, german coupe's are soft.

What you want is ultra-hardcore jap rwd turbo coupe's...

SIDEWAYSEVERYWHERE
2014-Seat-Leon-ST-FR.jpg
Seat Leon ST Coupe; I have ALWAYS loved SEAT, for an unknown reason. Good looking car and less typical than say an Audi IMO :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest