What is the most you have ever spent on a football match?

Watch
hbk4894
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(including food and drink , programmes and transport)

for me about £100 to the FA Cup semi final.
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
About £250 probably watching Ajax once, plenty of Amstel drank that night.
username402722
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I went to Berlin for a 2006 World Cup game, would have gone to more if I had got tickets. Whole trip cost about £450, though it was a holiday there in reality.
-bill-
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Roughly £150 per ticket to watch El Clásico at the Bernabeu 2 years ago with my dad and a friend. No other costs as the house is 20 mins from the stadium. A couple of Arsenal matches (try and go 10-15 games every season) were pretty expensive but not nearly as much as the 150 we forked out for that game.
StretfordEnd
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Probably the Wembley Champs league final in 2011. I was living in Corfu at the time and I had my ticket (£93) booked well in advance as well as flights to and from Gatwick (£170 return, bargain).

6 days before the game I was on the end of a rather nasty ear infection and I couldn't fly so I instead had to book a Ferry from Corfu to Brindisi and a train from the almost the heel of Italy through the heart of Europe to Paris, where I caught the Eurostar to England.

A 5 day round trip and nearly £1,000 was fairly steep to watch us lose 3-1, but hey who there was some beautiful scenery on the journey.
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Probably about £300 on the euro aways when I do the 3 day trips. Including flights, connections, beer money, hotels etc.

Most of that being spending money because I go the cheap route and normally get flights for £60 or less return and stay in the cheapest hotels or hostels. So everything else is a bit of food and enough alcohol to sink a battleship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (17)
6.25%
Uncertainty around my education (30)
11.03%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (31)
11.4%
Lack of purpose or motivation (41)
15.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (16)
5.88%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (11)
4.04%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (27)
9.93%
Financial worries (17)
6.25%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (9)
3.31%
Exposure to negative news/social media (17)
6.25%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (6)
2.21%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (31)
11.4%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (19)
6.99%

Watched Threads