The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm in AS:

Biology, Law, Economics, GovPol, EPQ (based on Biology)

Depending on grades, I'll probably drop govpol next year.
Reply 41
AS: chemistry, biology, psychology and either english literature or philosophy (completely stuck between these two!!!)
and i will probably drop biology or english lit/philosophy for A2
Reply 42
AS: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Music
A2: Biology, Chemistry Maths (I'll probably drop what I get the lowest UMS in at AS)
Reply 43
AS: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology
I'll drop physics (if I don't change it) or psychology at A2

Not too sure about physics at AS, I enjoy it and most of the concepts however maths is a bit of a problem, can I get a decent grade in it without maths? (scraped a B at GCSE maths, scraped as in scraped it by 2 or 3 marks) Should I change it for something else? Thanks.
(edited 10 years ago)
AS - Maths, Further Maths, Economics, History and Chemistry
I don't know yet, probably dropping Chemistry :tongue:
Economics, English Literature (Pre-U), History, Japanese, Mathematics.

For A2 I will drop Maths and maybe another. We'll see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by Skwill
AS: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology
I'll drop physics (if I don't change it) or psychology at A2

Not too sure about physics at AS, I enjoy it and most of the concepts however maths is a bit of a problem, can I get a decent grade in it without maths? (scraped a B at GCSE maths, scraped as in scraped it by 2 or 3 marks) Should I change it for something else? Thanks.

I have a similar problem. I really love physics but I'm quite worried about the maths demand it will have. I don't think it would be a major problem if you are willing you put the work in and ask for help if you don't understand, you may find it more difficult than people who are good at maths but if you really enjoy physics then don't let anything stop you! Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 47
Original post by ChloeNR
I have a similar problem. I really love physics but I'm quite worried about the maths demand it will have. I don't think it would be a major problem if you are willing you put the work in and ask for help if you don't understand, you may find it more difficult than people who are good at maths but if you really enjoy physics then don't let anything stop you! Good luck :biggrin:

Thanks :smile: I do enjoy physics quite a lot and would be prepared to put in extra work, I could always ask others for help when I need it, that is what teachers are paid to do.
Reply 48
Original post by Skwill
Thanks :smile: I do enjoy physics quite a lot and would be prepared to put in extra work, I could always ask others for help when I need it, that is what teachers are paid to do.

No problem! I wish you all the best :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by ChloeNR
No problem! I wish you all the best :smile:

Same to you :smile:
AS - Maths, English Language, Law and Business Studies

A2 - Really not sure what I will drop at this point, probably English or Maths.

I will also get a full A Level in Polish since I'm fluent in it :biggrin:
Original post by SharminaSyeda
I know lol but what subjects go with a language anyways haha

LOL another language:smile:
Currently Taking:

Maths, Chem, Bio and Physics (edexcel by far the worse physics board), also doing an EPQ (AQA)

Want to do Medicine, in hindsight should have chosen, Philosophy instead of Physics.
AS Level: Chemistry, Biology, Theatre Studies, English Literature
A2: Chemistry, Biology and Theatre Studies

I want to do medicine.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest