Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Is anyone else taking this course.

Very few people on here seem to be.
maya_xo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im taking it. It was only a week ago i found out we're doing 3 CONTROLLED ASSESSMENTS AND 3 EXAMS. My teacher failed to inform us. Ive already done one controlled assessment last week about the Impact of war on society. r u doing history A or B?
jack3w98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah I'm taking it. I've done my 3 controlled assessments (they're all pretty short), expecting like 47/50 overall in them. I'm doing Russia 1917-39 (I think those are the dates), The War and Transformation of British Society 1931-1951 and Peace and War: International Relations. I am expecting an A* in it, Russia is the hardest for me, then it is international relations and Britain is pretty easy as it is a source paper
Tasmiaaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah Im doing it too.
Just started my unit 4 CA on:
'Crime, policing and punishment in England c.1880-c.1990'
Ooooh yes, it's interesting, yet it's gruesome at some points
palmerme1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by maya_xo)
Im taking it. It was only a week ago i found out we're doing 3 CONTROLLED ASSESSMENTS AND 3 EXAMS. My teacher failed to inform us. Ive already done one controlled assessment last week about the Impact of war on society. r u doing history A or B?
History A.
Bobjim12
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i was just slightly f***ed over with the course, you lot are lucky to be doing more interesting aspects of history, while im stuck on the league of nations (1918-1939). the cold war is so interesting IMO i wish we'd have done it!
the-anonymous-me
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Tasmiaaa)
Yeah Im doing it too.
Just started my unit 4 CA on:
'Crime, policing and punishment in England c.1880-c.1990'
Ooooh yes, it's interesting, yet it's gruesome at some points
Oh what was your topic? I'm doing that CA too and our topic is forensic science, not really sure how I feel about it, some parts of it are fascinating but a lot of it is boring and it's kind of hard to find relevant statistics
Tasmiaaa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by the-anonymous-me)
Oh what was your topic? I'm doing that CA too and our topic is forensic science, not really sure how I feel about it, some parts of it are fascinating but a lot of it is boring and it's kind of hard to find relevant statistics
It's on how effective investigative policing was
I finished it today! Wooo! So glad that it's over
Have you finished yours?
BCMFM16
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone doing edexcel history IGCSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
the-anonymous-me
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's on how effective investigative policing was
I finished it today! Wooo! So glad that it's over
Have you finished yours?
I did part Bi, my enquiry is on the 27th of April and Bii is sometime after that cause I'm out of the country when the rest of my year is doing it - It took me hours to find research on forensic science between 1900 and 1980 but I just finished the draft for my enquiry last week - It made me sooo happy - What other papers are you doing? I'm doing International Relations, Nazi Germany and America
Tasmiaaa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did part Bi, my enquiry is on the 27th of April and Bii is sometime after that cause I'm out of the country when the rest of my year is doing it - It took me hours to find research on forensic science between 1900 and 1980 but I just finished the draft for my enquiry last week - It made me sooo happy - What other papers are you doing? I'm doing International Relations, Nazi Germany and America
Im doing the same papers as you. I find Nazi Germany and America good, but THE COLD WAR PAPERR JUST.. NO. i hate it.
the-anonymous-me
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Im doing the same papers as you. I find Nazi Germany and America good, but THE COLD WAR PAPERR JUST.. NO. i hate it.

I like Nazi Germany and International Relations cause I understand how to answer the questions (i.e. the structure, PEE and so on) but for the America paper, I don't like most of the material, at least I don't find it as interesting as the material for the other papers, and I don't really get how to answer the questions - any advice on that part???

Also, how do you usually revise for history? Any useful tips?

I personally like to write flashcards for key dates and names - I personally find it really useful
teenhorrorstory
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing Medicine and American West! Both really interesting topics

Posted from TSR Mobile
the-anonymous-me
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by pearl_ake)
I'm doing Medicine and American West! Both really interesting topics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is your American west paper about the civil rights movement and equality?
teenhorrorstory
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is your American west paper about the civil rights movement and equality?
No. It's about the development of the American West and the first settlers. E.g. The plains indians,homesteaders,miners,morm ons etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Random20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing Edexcel B, I'm also studying Medicine, American West and Transformation of Surgery!
beckyrebecca
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Random20)
I'm doing Edexcel B, I'm also studying Medicine, American West and Transformation of Surgery!
Exactly the same! Have you completed the course yet? We still haven't finished American west and its getting really close to exams
Random20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by beckyrebecca)
Exactly the same! Have you completed the course yet? We still haven't finished American west and its getting really close to exams
Yeah. We finished the american west just before Feb half term. Then we studied the surgery exam 2 weeks. So we've just been revising everything since then! Don't worry I'm sure you'll get it all done!
momola
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is anyone doing History A with:
International Relations
Russia
The Usa- Civil Rights etc ??
Tasmiaaa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I like Nazi Germany and International Relations cause I understand how to answer the questions (i.e. the structure, PEE and so on) but for the America paper, I don't like most of the material, at least I don't find it as interesting as the material for the other papers, and I don't really get how to answer the questions - any advice on that part???

Also, how do you usually revise for history? Any useful tips?

I personally like to write flashcards for key dates and names - I personally find it really useful
I do flashcards too. Some questions tend to ask for your own knowledge so yeah, flashcards are good for remembering key dates and names.

OH. You may already have this book but if you don't, I recommend you getting the Edexcel history revision guide (purple one). Your school might sell them. It's reaaaally helpful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (53)
9.28%
I used to but I don't now (15)
2.63%
No, but I want to start (205)
35.9%
No, I am unable to (132)
23.12%
No, I chose not to (166)
29.07%