The Student Room Group

Geometry question on enlargement

Hi everyone :smile:

I have the question riiiii.JPG and I am unsure of what it is asking for.

So if I join the lines I can see that shows the process of doing an enlargement but I'm pretty much lost on this one :/

I think it is meant to be vague so it gives me more to talk about but it has seemed to have the opposite effect :s-smilie:

Thanks

****please ignore the attached thumbnail as I thought that was the maths question. By all means if you know why I am getting those Google messages then feel free to give me advice on that too :smile:****
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Pondlife90
Hi everyone :smile:

I have the question riiiii.JPG and I am unsure of what it is asking for.

So if I join the lines I can see that shows the process of doing an enlargement but I'm pretty much lost on this one :/

I think it is meant to be vague so it gives me more to talk about but it has seemed to have the opposite effect :s-smilie:

Thanks

****please ignore the attached thumbnail as I thought that was the maths question. By all means if you know why I am getting those Google messages then feel free to give me advice on that too :smile:****

I think what they want is the realisation that the lines will all meet at a point.
Reply 2
Original post by brianeverit
I think what they want is the realisation that the lines will all meet at a point.

Thanks

Is the point, that they meet at, known as a vanishing point?
Original post by Pondlife90
Thanks

Is the point, that they meet at, known as a vanishing point?

No, it is just the centre of enlargement.

Quick Reply

Latest