The Student Room Group

How would you feel about your partner going to the pics with another guy/girl?

Just general debate, could be a poll haha :smile:

This post misused the anon function. Before posting anonymously, please read the H&R guidelines - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/guidelines_for_health_and_relationships
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If they're friends then what's the problem?
Reply 2
Always been perfectly fine with it as I've always trusted her that she knows her limits.
Reply 3
If they had been friends for a while and I knew them well then I wouldn't have a problem. I'd worry more if I had never heard of the person he went with or I found out by accident, say a friend saw them or I bumped into them.
Na'aahhh not having any of that thank you very much. :biggrin:
If they were friends I wouldn't mind really.
Reply 6
Would it make a difference if it was just the two of them? I'd feel much more comfortable her hanging out with a group of guys/girls, or a mix, than a one-on-one scenario, for obvious reasons :P
This happened to one of my friends. She had a bf, but went to the pics with another guy, and then a few months later the other guy became the new boyfriend.
Reply 8
Personally wouldn't care, unless she chose to go with him instead of me.

Original post by Anonymous
Would it make a difference if it was just the two of them? I'd feel much more comfortable her hanging out with a group of guys/girls, or a mix, than a one-on-one scenario, for obvious reasons :P

You simply don't trust her. It's not about going to the pictures; it's about your insecurity that she might find somebody more fun to be with. If that's the case, and she does - good riddance. Why would you want her around anyway?

I see no harm that can come from it.
(edited 10 years ago)

This. Group, I'm totally cool with, one-on-one not so much.
I'd have both those reprobates flogged.
Reply 11
As long as I've met the guy then I let my girl do whatever, have guy friends round to hang out, go out for drinks. Doesn't bother me.
I wouldn't be ok with my boyfriend going to the cinema with another girl. That's a date!
I'd only be ok with it if there was other people there and it was a group of his friends.
I'm not bothered at all, I'm sufficiently secure and trusting and so is she when it comes to my female friends. We're not really cinema people but nights out, gigs and other events haven't been an issue.

Anyone who says no - If s/he's going to cheat on you/break up with you to go out with someone else, I hardly think trying to 'ban' him/her from going somewhere with a friend is going to help. Ultimately s/he'll still do it anyway, trying to keep someone as a possession and control what they can do makes your relationship seem rather ****. And it could well increase the likelihood they'll look elsewhere to escape the controlling, insecure partner they've got now.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Not bothered, really, but I don't think it's something you can put a blanket statement on- there are times you know in your gut that something's a bit dodgy about it.

My boyfriend turned up at my uni house the night before I was due back, and I think he did dinner, drink AND the cinema with my female house mate. Tbh, I'm really pleased they get on well enough to be able to hang out without me! Likewise I've been to the cinema with just a guy mate a few times, never thought anything of it really.
Reply 15

I think I have met most of my boyfriends female friends. If he took one to a movie I wouldn't really care. However, if (like someone else mentioned) it was with a new female friend or someone I had never heard of then I may have a problem with it.
Reply 16
I'd only be pissed off if it was a film I wanted to see and for whatever reason I couldn't go too! In general, really not bothered about this sort of thing.
Reply 17
Not brill to be honest a little jealous if it was just the two of them...
Depends on who the person is; if it's someone he's friends with and it's common knowledge that he's friends with her then I'd be fine with it - I couldn't really not be, seeing as one of my best friends is male and I've been to the cinema just with him a few times, but because my boyfriend knows him reasonably well and knows that we definitely don't fancy each other, then he's fine with it (although he would be slightly annoyed if it was a film he wanted to see). I would be uncomfortable with it however if it was someone I'd never really heard him mention before, or who I didn't know he was friends with - I can imagine my boyfriend would feel the same way too.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by BlueSheep32
Depends on who the person is; if it's someone he's friends with and it's common knowledge that he's friends with her then I'd be fine with it - I couldn't really not be, seeing as one of my best friends is male and I've been to the cinema just with him a few times, but because my boyfriend knows him reasonably well and knows that we definitely don't fancy each other, then he's fine with it (although he would be slightly annoyed if it was a film he wanted to see). I would be uncomfortable with it however if it was someone I'd never really heard him mention before, or who I didn't know he was friends with - I can imagine my boyfriend would feel the same way too.

How would you feel if you felt she quite liked him, but didn't want to hurt your feelings?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending