The Student Room Group

Ready for theory test?

hi do you think i am ready to book my theory test? i use driving test success CD it is the 2011 edition but i have updated it to the latest question bank. it tracks your record so; i have done 50 mock tests with an average pass rate of 100% and have answered 2500 questions with average of 99% correct (26 wrong) I have just gone through the entire 960 question bank this week (for the 2nd time) so i understand everything fully and writing down any question i have any doubt on. I finish a 50 minute mock in on average 7 minutes with no less than 48/50.
Do you think i can do it? i will be really nervous on the day so that might affect me
not really worried about the hazard perception - i just click whenever something moves, when i see brakelights/indicators, on approach to crossings etc. i have on average a score of 3/5 on each clip.
Reply 1
I passed mine today after a second attempt and i can say you've put more time into revision than i have. I finished my multiple choice questions fairly fast, so i went over my answers at least 5 times before i finally moved onto the hazard perception. ended up with 46. I think with that much prep work you're more than ready.
Reply 2
Original post by hairy-plopper
hi do you think i am ready to book my theory test? i use driving test success CD it is the 2011 edition but i have updated it to the latest question bank. it tracks your record so; i have done 50 mock tests with an average pass rate of 100% and have answered 2500 questions with average of 99% correct (26 wrong) I have just gone through the entire 960 question bank this week (for the 2nd time) so i understand everything fully and writing down any question i have any doubt on. I finish a 50 minute mock in on average 7 minutes with no less than 48/50.
Do you think i can do it? i will be really nervous on the day so that might affect me
not really worried about the hazard perception - i just click whenever something moves, when i see brakelights/indicators, on approach to crossings etc. i have on average a score of 3/5 on each clip.

With that pass rate you'll be absolutely fine getting 43/50 on the theory section, I'm sure :smile: You have loads of time, so make sure to double and triple check all your questions instead of trying to complete it as quickly as possible. The hazard perception can be tricky, especially if you're nervous. It's fine to click a couple of times on things that probably aren't hazards - the system just marks you as cheating when you repetitively click in a pattern. Do plenty of practice (as well as your CD, there are loads of clips online) and you'll be fine!
What a waste of time ! Read the Highway Code cover to cover in under 2 hours. Take a mock test or two and if you pass each time you're ready. As for the video clips, once you know how the 'game' plays, you're ready.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending