The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth University PGCE Primary/Early Years 2014/2015

I had my interview the other day and just got offered a place in PGCE Primary at Plymouth University starting in september 2014!

Is anyone else starting here in september on either the primary or the early years course?

All the best to anyone who's applying!

Kath

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey!

Yes, I got my Primary PGCE place on the 23rd Dec! Lovely xmas present! What are you doing? Will you be living down there?

Nat
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey, I just got accepted for the primary course starting in September!

Exciting!!

Anyone planning to live in Plym? I have no idea where to even start looking for accommodation..

Robyn
Hey Robyn,

I was at the interview and got a conditional offer as well :biggrin:

were you at the interview last week?
J
xx
Reply 4
I was at the interview on the 12th March :biggrin:

Were you at that one? I found it pretty scary!

X
Reply 5
Yes! Plymouth is my first choice and hopefully I will be attending (just waiting on my skills tests).
Do you know where you are staying?
Reply 6
Well I got in touch with the guy who runs this website:

http://www.ternquay.co.uk/

He was really nice and is waiting to see if I can get a group of four or five PGCE or postgrads together to live in one of his properties. Let me know if anyone's interested! Would be nice to live with some other PGCE students :smile:

R x
Hello! Been hoping to get into contact with other people who have been offered places at Plymouth. I have just passed my QTS tests so I am now able to get really excited. Anyone else planning on commuting from Exeter?
Hey! I have my QTS tests in the next week but I have been offered a place on the Primary Education and I will be commuting from Teignmouth which is 10 miles away from Exeter. Currently at Exeter University so I am used to the commuting!
Original post by Siangoodwin32
Hey! I have my QTS tests in the next week but I have been offered a place on the Primary Education and I will be commuting from Teignmouth which is 10 miles away from Exeter. Currently at Exeter University so I am used to the commuting!

Hi sian, good luck with your qts tests! I must admit I found doing the practice ones loads made it much easier during the real one. I know Teignmouth! The train to Plymouth goes through there, glad someone else is commuting! I've spoken to someone else who is commuting from Cornwall so sounds like it's quite common to commute from different places. What are you studying at the moment? I finished uni last year and have been working as a Teaching Assistant!
Reply 10
Hey all! Just got my conditional offer for PGCE Primary at Plymouth starting in Sept 2014!

Is anyone going to Plymouth who doesnt currently live there/ looking for other PGCE students to live with? :smile:

All the best!

Leww
Hey, well done!

I'm looking for accommodation down there too.
I was going to apply through student pad once the offer (hopefully) turns to unconditional and see if any other pgce/postgrads were doing the same :smile:
Robyn
Reply 12
Thanks the response! Where are you hopefully heading there from?

Do they turn to unconditional once we get our degree results?

That sounds like a good idea! haha :smile: Also have you done the professional skills test yet?

Lew
I don't know really, I'm not sure how that student pad thing works haha! What are you planning to do?
I think our offer turns to unconditional once we've gotten our grades, done enough hours in schools and passed the professional skills tests (the maths one was a challenge!). Have you done them yet?

Robyn
Reply 14
Original post by robynmoore
I don't know really, I'm not sure how that student pad thing works haha! What are you planning to do?
I think our offer turns to unconditional once we've gotten our grades, done enough hours in schools and passed the professional skills tests (the maths one was a challenge!). Have you done them yet?

Robyn

I did have a brief look on student pad, it confused me haha! My friend is doing a paramedic course in Plymouth and he said that a Facebook page was set up for his course and he found housemates through that? so that might be an idea...

I've done enough hours yes, but they were in a secondary school so I have to do 10 days in a primary before July :biggrin: I've literally just booked the skills test! its on June 3rd, Im awful at Maths :frown: any revision tips haha?!

Lew :smile:
HI Lizzie
I've been offered a conditional place at Plymouth and planning to commute from Exeter if you fancy sharing lifts etc let me know :smile:
Zoe
ill be commuting from near Exeter zoe xx
Original post by lizziecullen92
Hi sian, good luck with your qts tests! I must admit I found doing the practice ones loads made it much easier during the real one. I know Teignmouth! The train to Plymouth goes through there, glad someone else is commuting! I've spoken to someone else who is commuting from Cornwall so sounds like it's quite common to commute from different places. What are you studying at the moment? I finished uni last year and have been working as a Teaching Assistant!

I passed my maths on thursaday waheyyyy! It was soooooo much easier than the practice ones!! I have literacy 2 weeks on thursday! Hoping that goes ok!

Im studying sports science at the moment. Yehhh quite a few people commute actually, I have a few friends that commute from Teignmouth to Plymouth Uni x
Hi zoe, I don't drive myself but would be happy to pay for petrol if you would like! Thanks for the offer.
Hi Sian, Congratulations on passing the Maths, one step closer! Good luck with your Literacy! Oh right, are you nearly at the end of your degree now? I am glad I have spoken to a few people who commute as I was a bit worried I would be the only one!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending