Abtk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
OK, biology and physics are the ones I have most difficulty with. Mostly biology . I don't know how to apply my knowledge in the exam. Like, I can eventually learn the facts but I can't apply them. Not really sure how I could apply it and it doesn't really seem like something that can be easily explained?? Sorry if you don't understand me, I'm being really confusing right now . Also, does anyone have any good revision techniques in general? Thanks!
alow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Practice. Lots. Do past papers and questions from the textbook.

YouTube videos can be useful too.
(Original post by Abtk)
OK, biology and physics are the ones I have most difficulty with. Mostly biology . I don't know how to apply my knowledge in the exam. Like, I can eventually learn the facts but I can't apply them. Not really sure how I could apply it and it doesn't really seem like something that can be easily explained?? Sorry if you don't understand me, I'm being really confusing right now . Also, does anyone have any good revision techniques in general? Thanks!
tmorrall
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Abtk)
The science behind whats going on should relatively easy so make sure you understand the content first and foremost. Then do the past papers comparing your answers to the mark scheme and rewrite them to their specification and repeat. The longer answers when you have learnt what they ask for generally require similar marking points to the smaller more precise questions so the learning the model answers helps across the paper. Do not ramble. Answer in short phrases which convey all of your knowledge relevant to the question. Avoid writing in prose as it is easier to ramble unless the question asks for structure. Again short sentences that flow in a logical order is what they want. I did well in biology through gcse to AS so I know what I am doing OCR&AQA the respective boards btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Abtk
Rep:
?
Thanks will look into that!
Abtk
Rep:
?
(Original post by tmorrall)
The science behind whats going on should relatively easy so make sure you understand the content first and foremost. Then do the past papers comparing your answers to the mark scheme and rewrite them to their specification and repeat. The longer answers when you have learnt what they ask for generally require similar marking points to the smaller more precise questions so the learning the model answers helps across the paper. Do not ramble. Answer in short phrases which convey all of your knowledge relevant to the question. Avoid writing in prose as it is easier to ramble unless the question asks for structure. Again short sentences that flow in a logical order is what they want. I did well in biology through gcse to AS so I know what I am doing OCR&AQA the respective boards btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you thats really good, will do that!! I do tend to ramble on...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
61.31%
No (65)
38.69%

Watched Threads