The Student Room Group

Low predicted grade but good exam results?

Just wondering but if you don't do that well in mocks/tests given in class (so in tests not counting towards anything)- e.g. getting low As/Bs/Cs- but then manage to get a really high UMS/grade in your final exam at the end of the year, is it likely that your teacher will put down a low predicted grade for university (since you haven't done well in class) despite the fact you've done well in your final exam? I know it varies between teachers, but I'd be interested in hearing your input. :cool:
It depends.
In physics I really struggled through the year, starting with low Cs and I only started achieving high Bs around exam time. I achieved an A, but only just (3 UMS from a B) so my teacher reasoned with me and said he'd predict me an A but he personally thought I'd be more likely to get it by resitting an AS unit, so I am.
However, there are some schools whose policy is to just predict one grade above the achieved (which I personally think is silly). Reasonably, if you get predicted lower than your AS grade and your AS grade was securely in the grade boundary, you should get predicted that grade. If not, most would probably bring it up and try to negotiate it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
This whole scheme of "predicted" grades gives teachers power they do not deserve.
Reply 3
Majority of teachers predict what you get in your overall AS at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest