Lost my 16+ Oyster card . . . . Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Yeah I'm an absolute ass. I lost it already and it hasn't even been six months since I have got a new one and have already lost it, well at least i think it's lost. It could be in school, because I remember having it in my bag during my practical. It must have somehow fallen out (I doubt that it fell in class, maybe it fell somewhere else. Oh jeez).

Now i dunno what to tell my parents. They were gonna order me a new oyster as it is kinda faulty, and I was just reading online and it said you may need to send your oyster for proof that it is faulty to get a free replacement. And my parents will CERTAINLY GO FOR THIS!!! So now I have no clue what to do as my parents will kill me if I tell them. I don't even have the pin for the card as I lost the letter that had the pin on it. I'm starting to feel I keep on loosing things. I'm not very good at this kind of stuff.

I was wondering that do you need to know your 12-digit code if you have your oyster registered online? Well I think my mum registered the card on her email address when she rang to replace my card, so I'm not sure.

What do you think I should do? I'm so clumsy and forgetful Hopefully they will forget about ordering my oyster card over the weekend, and then I can go to school Monday to check if it has been left there and then hopefully know one will know. A bit devious I know I don't like lying but I don't want to give them more stress But what if I don't find it? And I go home by bus (in the mornings im dropped)?? I have some money on me that will be sufficient enough but I don't like wasting money like this. I'm so stupid.
Anonymous #1
Bump!!
doctordee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It costs £10, just call them and pay over the phone and you'll have a new one. No biggie
Anonymous #1
(Original post by doctordee)
It costs £10, just call them and pay over the phone and you'll have a new one. No biggie
Yes, but the thing is if I had my oyster, than I may not have needed to pay, because it was faulty. My parents will kill me
Gorwell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I lost my 11-16 oyster a few times, I just went to my local bus garage and asked at lost and found- try that? or wait until Monday and look in school, If you can't find it you may have to cancel your card so other people can't use it and then order a replacement.
starlight4711
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I also lost my 16+ oyster card once. I just had to call the Oyster card helpline (without pin, just answered some personal questions) and received a replacement soon. I do not remember having to pay for the replacement.
Don't worry too much about that, it can happen. Just be more careful next time.
yellowcopter
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes, but the thing is if I had my oyster, than I may not have needed to pay, because it was faulty. My parents will kill me
It's only an Oyster card who cares lol, I've damaged and lost tons of the Zip photocards.
jessTSR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It really isn't a big deal, tell them you'll sort it all out yourself and pay the £10 fine. Everyone loses things once in a while, £10 really isn't a big deal, i'm on my 7th oyster card now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
But it's my PARENTS I'm worried about, not the oyster thing. I don't want to disappoint them again
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why you need to post anonymously for an oystercard issue I have no idea. In any case, just phone them up and pay a tenner for a replacement, I don't know how we can help in any other way.
Anonymous #1
well, I have siblings on tsr that could tell on me, so hence anon. And I was just asking how I could tell my parents as I've lost one before and they got really mad and disappointed in me
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jessTSR)
It really isn't a big deal, tell them you'll sort it all out yourself and pay the £10 fine. Everyone loses things once in a while, £10 really isn't a big deal, i'm on my 7th oyster card now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
WOW 7th! That's almost impressive and did your parents not say anything???
enhenawei
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I lost my card as well,could you tell me how long can i get a new one?...
Sadiqalhadi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Contact me if you ever need help with getting replacements
Anonymous #2
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Sadiqalhadi)
Contact me if you ever need help with getting replacements
For free??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.58%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.85%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.96%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.21%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (78)
9.73%
How can I be the best version of myself? (246)
30.67%

Watched Threads