Honeymoon Destinations

Watch
username369234
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Won't be until December 2015, but would be fun to start looking at some options.

Can anyone suggest unique honeymoon destinations?

We're not the type to lie on a beach all day. However, that's not ruling out beach destinations provided that they have lots of fun things to do!
eggs_and_bacon
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How about budget? Long or short haul ideally? You into culture/museums, partying, history, adventure travel, outdoor activities? How long can you get away for?
ideas which come to mind:

Japan (will be beautifully snowy! can go skiing!)
Indonesia (Bali for culture and beaches)
South Africa (will be cold mind, but lots of "adventure" possibilities)
Turkey (culture and history in Istanbul, lots of beaches too)
Brazil (Riooo!)
Cuba (cycling, culture and history)
Norway/Finland/Sweden (northern lights?)
Germany (Berlin will be snowy, lots of history and amazing nightlife, plus Black Forest)
Thailand (Should be lovely and sunny if you choose where to go carefully - scuba diving a possibility!)
username1039383
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Turkey or Dubai :daydreaming:
username1221364
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Rome and/or Venice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
username369234
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by eggs_and_bacon)
How about budget? Long or short haul ideally? You into culture/museums, partying, history, adventure travel, outdoor activities? How long can you get away for?
ideas which come to mind:

Japan (will be beautifully snowy! can go skiing!)
Indonesia (Bali for culture and beaches)
South Africa (will be cold mind, but lots of "adventure" possibilities)
Turkey (culture and history in Istanbul, lots of beaches too)
Brazil (Riooo!)
Cuba (cycling, culture and history)
Norway/Finland/Sweden (northern lights?)
Germany (Berlin will be snowy, lots of history and amazing nightlife, plus Black Forest)
Thailand (Should be lovely and sunny if you choose where to go carefully - scuba diving a possibility!)

Thanks for those suggestions! Budget will be fairly high I imagine, obviously not over the top but we should be able to cover expenses to go somewhere above average. Long haul.

Not into partying, we are the type who would be in bed early and up early the next day. Culture and museums is good to a point, I guess a mix of culture and outdoor activities, with a little dose of relaxing. 2 weeks will probably be the duration.

Japan (will be beautifully snowy! can go skiing!) - we're not fussed on sking
Indonesia (Bali for culture and beaches) this is a possibility. we were also considering somewhere such as Cambodia
South Africa (will be cold mind, but lots of "adventure" possibilities) another possibility, but I think we would rather steer towards a little heat than cold
Turkey (culture and history in Istanbul, lots of beaches too) not fussed on turkey
Brazil (Riooo!) worth looking into
Cuba (cycling, culture and history) nice suggestion will have a look
Norway/Finland/Sweden (northern lights?) we were considering a short break in Lapland then onto somewhere else. I'd enjoy those countries.
Germany (Berlin will be snowy, lots of history and amazing nightlife, plus Black Forest) This would be more of a city break rather than a honeymoon in my book
Thailand (Should be lovely and sunny if you choose where to go carefully - scuba diving a possibility!)[ Ties in with cambodia above, certainly a possibility, but we don't want to end up in a heavily tourist area with lots of drunk brits!
eggs_and_bacon
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by commandant)
Thanks for those suggestions! Budget will be fairly high I imagine, obviously not over the top but we should be able to cover expenses to go somewhere above average. Long haul.

Not into partying, we are the type who would be in bed early and up early the next day. Culture and museums is good to a point, I guess a mix of culture and outdoor activities, with a little dose of relaxing. 2 weeks will probably be the duration.

Japan (will be beautifully snowy! can go skiing!) - we're not fussed on sking
Indonesia (Bali for culture and beaches) this is a possibility. we were also considering somewhere such as Cambodia
South Africa (will be cold mind, but lots of "adventure" possibilities) another possibility, but I think we would rather steer towards a little heat than cold
Turkey (culture and history in Istanbul, lots of beaches too) not fussed on turkey
Brazil (Riooo!) worth looking into
Cuba (cycling, culture and history) nice suggestion will have a look
Norway/Finland/Sweden (northern lights?) we were considering a short break in Lapland then onto somewhere else. I'd enjoy those countries.
Germany (Berlin will be snowy, lots of history and amazing nightlife, plus Black Forest) This would be more of a city break rather than a honeymoon in my book
Thailand (Should be lovely and sunny if you choose where to go carefully - scuba diving a possibility!)[ Ties in with cambodia above, certainly a possibility, but we don't want to end up in a heavily tourist area with lots of drunk brits!
Cool - if you've got a healthy budget, then have you considered Vietnam/Cambodia? (Could be done together). You get more from your money than in Thailand, and a lot of Vietnam is still quite off the beaten track and unusual. There's beautiful beach resorts and great cities too, plus the gorgeous halong bay and the interesting area in the hills by Sapa. You could easily do three weeks in Vietnam alone. The bus from Saigon to Phnom Penh in Cambodia takes about half a day so it would be very feasible to do both.

Indonesia or Malaysia also sound like they might fit the bill. Bali especially has an amazing cultural life as well as top beaches. In Malaysia, the island of Penang has stunning architecture and world class food, and isn't too far from the beach resort and natural reserves of Langkawi.

Happy planning!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
61.82%
No (42)
38.18%

Watched Threads