The Student Room Group

HSBC Summer Work Experience Placement Events

Scroll to see replies

Whenever you want really, you can just ask but usually its branch closing time
Original post by ninja55
Whenever you want really, you can just ask but usually its branch closing time

Oh so I can leave whenever I want to? So like at 3pm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you ask
Original post by ninja55
If you ask

Oh what time do u leave? I stayed there until 5 yesterday literally doing nothing. I don't want to be rude as well by asking!

Posted from TSR Mobile
4 pm
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Oh what time do u leave? I stayed there until 5 yesterday literally doing nothing. I don't want to be rude as well by asking!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's the worst isn't it. Not getting paid to sit and do nothing. I just count the days I don't have to go back.
Original post by ninja55
If you ask

How do you kill the time? What are you putting on your CV? I knew this was a bad idea.
I liked it, you just have to be proactive and sit on loads of meetings, my branch was sound
Original post by ninja55
I liked it, you just have to be proactive and sit on loads of meetings, my branch was sound

There are no meetings

You must be a very dull person
Loool, less dull than the time your having

Posted from TSR Mobile
No meetings, make meetings for yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ninja55
No meetings, make meetings for yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're high aren't you

What exactly are you putting on your CV for this anyway? "Shadowed people"
As the days pass, honestly this work experience has gone so much better! I will be talking about work shadowing of the 'meet and greet', observations of the cashiers, observation of the CSOs, business/mortgage meetings, staff meetings in the morning, HSBC Premier and the conference call that I had. I still have a lot to do tomorrow and so I will be adding those to the list (although I will not be adding everything into my CV hahaha).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 993
I really enjoyed my placement, but I guess it really depends on the branch you get into. I got lucky with mine!
Original post by yello23
I really enjoyed my placement, but I guess it really depends on the branch you get into. I got lucky with mine!

Yeah, same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 995
mine must have been the worst here lol. I didn't get to sit in on half of the meetings either because they were cancelled or there was an actual employee needing training. So frustrating because there was nothing that I could do so I had to just go to meet and greet which is the most tedious thing ever. At least I have something to put on m personal statement.
Original post by londoncricket
You cannot be sure that you have been rejected until you get confirmation. Anyway, it's not the end of the world anyway. The best way to get yourself in is if you have contacts: relatives working or knowing anyone who works in the banking sector. By the way, how old are you / which school year are you in?

You have to be confident. Also, if your CV gets you to the interview, the interview will get you further, that's why you should prepare excellent answers for the interview.

Hi , Im planning to apply for this work experience this year and am unsure what to put in CV. I did experience at Barclays technology centre in which I did a CV, covering letter and telephone interview for. However I am applying to the whole of the north region and am unsure what the experience will be as it could be a broad range of things. I am in year 11. Please could you advise me what to put on my CV seeing as you got the work experience
Original post by londoncricket
Anyone?

I got my reply 3 days after i submitted STILL need to do online assessment.
Reply 998
hi, how do you know if it is a telephone interview? does it say it specifically? becuase ive been asked to scheduele a time for an interview but im not sure if its telephone or face to face:/
Where is the application for the HSBC work placements. Could someone send me the link or help me out please.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending