The Student Room Group

Who decides what paper I sit (Foundation or Higher)

Hi,
I am having a problem at the moment in chemistry. I am getting High C’s on the mock exams, despite this my teacher is very reluctant to put me on the higher tier paper. I have asked on a number of occasions to be put on the higher tier paper as I want to push for B which I know I can achieve with a bit of work. I have asked on a number of occasions but the teacher keeps bluffing the question. My parents are all supportive of me being placed on the higher paper so I have their support. So who can actually make the final decision what paper I sit in the summer?

Many Thanks,
Dave
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
push yourself for the upcoming mocks and prove to your teachers that you are capable of doing the higher tier paper.
in or school, we already know which paper we will be sitting and it really depends on your previous grades. i do triple science so obviously i will be doing the higher paper. hope it helps!
As long as you try your hardest, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to do the higher tier paper. As mentioned before, doing the lower tier (especially if you're getting high c's) can be very limiting.
Reply 3
Ask your guardian to ring up the school. As far as I know, they can't actually force someone to sit a foundation tier exam. Just make sure you are trying your hardest and doing revision.
Speak to the head of science, or to your head of year. After all, even if you get a C on Higher tier, you've fared no worse!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest