The average TSR user... Watch

JustARealist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I just cannot understand, after reading a vast number of posts on here, how the average TSR member (consumed by the hope of getting into a red brick university) manages to display not one ounce of levelheadedness. I have noticed there is a major imbalance with people with levels of intelligence revision and study wise and shockingly low levels of basic common sense.
Noble.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You've been a member on here for a whole hour?

If you've just joined a forum called "The Student Room" and are wondering why the average user is discussing university admissions, revision and other academic activities you may want to start looking at your own intellectual capabilities before assessing others.
JustARealist
Rep:
?
(Original post by Noble.)
You've been a member on here for a whole hour?

If you've just joined a forum called "The Student Room" and are wondering why the average user is discussing university admissions, revision and other academic activities you may want to start looking at your own intellectual capabilities before assessing others.
Where did I mention wondering why people are discussing university?!
I've clearly been looked this site previously to today and joined to make a comment.
D'oh.
TheNorthStar
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Some academically capable people try to apply logic that works in academic setting to everyday life, which of course requires more than a simple formula to navigate.
JustARealist
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheNorthStar)
Some academically capable people try to apply logic that works in academic setting to everyday life, which of course requires more than a simple formula to navigate.
I have defiantly agree with this statement.
RoyalBlue7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JustARealist)
I just cannot understand, after reading a vast number of posts on here, how the average TSR member (consumed by the hope of getting into a red brick university) manages to display not one ounce of levelheadedness. I have noticed there is a major imbalance with people with levels of intelligence revision and study wise and shockingly low levels of basic common sense.
Evidence for that?
It seems that you can't sense a troll when you see one
Pipsico
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's not that the site is overrun with them, it's that they often shout the loudest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh yes, the average TSR user has 8 A*s at A level and has offers from Oxford, Harvard and Yale amongst others :fyi:
PythianLegume
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Oh yes, the average TSR user has 8 A*s at A level and has offers from Oxford, Harvard and Yale amongst others :fyi:
But also doesn't know why people in their 20s don't join social groups, nor why women won't go out with him when he's always so nice to them!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (11)
9.17%
Disagree (6)
5%
Neither agree or disagree (40)
33.33%
Agree (46)
38.33%
Strongly Agree (17)
14.17%

Watched Threads