is it common for someone to get 4 post interview rejections for medical school?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
alicia2908
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I've heard of people getting rejected from all their med school choices, but usually it's because they didn't receive all 4 interview invitations, so their chances are significantly reduced.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Relatively few people get 4 interviews, so I imagine it would be even rarer for someone to then get rejected from every single one after interview. It suggests a very strong paper application but something must have gone terribly wrong in the interview.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Relatively unusual, but i'm sure it happens to a few hundred each year based on the numbers.
345rty
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
It must happen to a few but I would think that four post interview rejections is a good sign that you are doing something wrong at interview.
Someone123123
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Agree with the above post. Make sure you ask for feedback!
alicia2908
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I think all of you have gotten the wrong end of the stick. I haven't had 4 post interview rejections. I'm simply in that limbo phase of waiting for a decision and i think i was getting a little worried lol
musty345
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I have a friend who got four post-interview rejections last year. He's actually very social and speaks well, but he said that his interviews all went awfully. He then spent his gap year practicing interview technique and got an offer (four interviews again). If you do get four interview rejections — it's probably due to nerves I think, although yes it is very rare.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.5%
The paper was reasonable (68)
39.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
16.37%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.36%

Watched Threads