BlackCoffee88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm currently at Glasgow Uni in my second year, and I need to decide what I'm going to go into for third year and for the rest of my degree. I'm currently registered for anatomy but I'm struggling to pick between anatomy, physiology and pharmacology.

My problem is that it's disease that really interests me, and all three subjects are part of that in different ways. I love anatomy, particularly histology, because I'm fascinated by the way disease induces morphological changes; physiology because I like to look at how disease is an imbalance of homeostasis; pharmacology because of the way it looks at the mechanisms of disease.

I'm leaning towards applying for medicine after I graduate, but I'm also interested in clinical perfusion and I'm open to other options, such as the STP program, particularly in cardiac sciences.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Or does anyone study one of these three subjects and could maybe help me see which one best suits my interests? Also, which would suit my career options better?
LSD
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My advice would be not to take anatomy. Pick one of the others for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (65)
65.66%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
21.21%
Yes but I might change my mind (13)
13.13%

Watched Threads