FIRE, EARTH, AIR, WATER - A Level Edexcel Art Exam 2014

Watch
victoriaclark
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
There doesn't seem to be much online about this years A Level Art exam. What does everyone think about it?
interstitial
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't do Art, but the thread title reminds me of Avatar.

Now I'm thinking about how cool it would be if someone drew about Avatar :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
victoriaclark
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Yes, that would be cool! Haha
gc13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm really excited about this exam, it sounds really interesting. I've just brainstormed ideas so far, but any artist suggestions would be great!
I have looked briefly at Andy Goldsworthy, Kurt Jackson...
natashaaarr
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey I'm doing this exam! Just started looking at this this week though

Posted from TSR Mobile
coco lee
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am very Confused. I don't understand what can I do in my sketchbook, for exam, I need choose all four theme or I can just chose one, I don't very clear the step, my teacher said I need make the sketchbook like a story and everything link together. I want choose the "water" for my final piece? but I don't have a very clear ideas. I need help!!!!someone help me!!!!!
gc13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Re: FIRE, EARTH, AIR, WATER - A Level Edexcel Art Exam 2014

I am very Confused. I don't understand what can I do in my sketchbook, for exam, I need choose all four theme or I can just chose one, I don't very clear the step, my teacher said I need make the sketchbook like a story and everything link together. I want choose the "water" for my final piece? but I don't have a very clear ideas. I need help!!!!someone help me!!!!!

My teachers think you can just do one, but it would be good to make a mindmap exploring all four, and after that say you're choosing 'water' and why you are choosing it. Then find some artists who link to it. I guess your teacher means try to make everything flow together from one idea to the next, so for example if you start with a general idea, e.g. seascapes by JMW Turner for example... then build on from there so that someone looking through the book (e.g. a student/teacher/examiner) can see your lines of thought. and keep annotating the pages so that your ideas make sense. hope that helps a bit!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed