What Revision Techniques do you use?

Watch
interstitial
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by AlphaNick)
Maybe, I don't know. But I can memorise up to a 25 digit number per go.
Is that with any special memory techniques or just by looking at it?

Do you feel that having a good memory has helped you a lot for exams, or is understanding the content more important than blindly memorising the stuff in the textbook?

Jamerson
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
memory pegs
interstitial
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jamerson)
memory pegs

Pegs? Never heard of this one, tell me more

Always happy to learn more obscure memory techniques
SpringNicht
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Flashcards and going through them regularly.

I'll go home after a lecture, write it up then make flashcards. Come the weekend I'll go through all the flashcards in the stack I've got for that subject.

I think this works because half of my exams are made up of multiple choice questions though :P
Are you Shaw?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by majmuh24)
What would you guys say are the best revision techniques to help retain and remember information. My favourite types are the psychological/memory ones that help you remember or make links in your head so you can remember better without too much effort on your behalf:

Here are some of mine:

Listening to a song that I like during revision and remembering topics by thinking about that song

Memory techniques, like loci or memory palaces and linking stuff in my head by making up weird stories or even songs

Sticking stuff in random places so I see them during day to day activities

What are yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
:sexface:
interstitial
Rep:
?
(Original post by Are you Shaw?)
:sexface:
:lolwut:

Dirty minded, I was talking about sticky notes :pierre:
Donald Trump
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I masturbate and form key words from the course with my ejaculate onto a dark surface; usually my brother Gujarat's head. A sort of perverted Art Attack piece.

Also, I find paying a Thai hooker to dress up as notable personalities from my history book (e.g. Thatcher) and rapping their successes and failures really helps me get off. Not very helpful for memorising stuff but ****ing young Putanya dressed as Reagan whilst she raps about the deregulation of the US economy to the tune of "Slim Shady" is both factual and extremely, extremely sexually satisfying.
>miyu-tan<
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i do exam questions with the markscheme next to me if i get it wrong i redo a similar but different type of question or copy the markscheme in the question
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (351)
31.56%
No (761)
68.44%

Watched Threads