The Student Room Group

The World and Cultural Diversity, Edexcel, Geography Unit 4

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxxcatxxx
My teacher has never mention Kuznets Curve, I'm totally unaware of what it is :confused:
Can anyone give me a brief explanation/point me in the direction of somewhere I can read about it, and also explain how it could be applicable to the question we might get??

The Environmental Kuznet Curve looks at the relationship between economic development and environmental decay.
Heres an example of what it looks like:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=environmental+kuznets+curve&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=dQtQU8uII8mw7Aaqt4C4Bw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=667#facrc=_&imgrc=GYzF4UY57ON3tM%253A%3BRp6MVUFtzKVGAM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.emeraldinsight.com%252Fcontent_images%252Ffig%252F0830180506003.png%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.emeraldinsight.com%252Fjournals.htm%253Farticleid%253D1621933%3B1254%3B758

In some aspects its quite far fetched towards our pre release, but we can actually implement it looking at human impacts and the affects they have on the physical environment, hindering cultural diversity.
Reply 81
How are you all structuring the main analysis? Are you using a case study to back up watch point?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by CrazyBookLover
The Environmental Kuznet Curve looks at the relationship between economic development and environmental decay.
Heres an example of what it looks like:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=environmental+kuznets+curve&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=dQtQU8uII8mw7Aaqt4C4Bw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=667#facrc=_&imgrc=GYzF4UY57ON3tM%253A%3BRp6MVUFtzKVGAM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.emeraldinsight.com%252Fcontent_images%252Ffig%252F0830180506003.png%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.emeraldinsight.com%252Fjournals.htm%253Farticleid%253D1621933%3B1254%3B758

In some aspects its quite far fetched towards our pre release, but we can actually implement it looking at human impacts and the affects they have on the physical environment, hindering cultural diversity.

Thank you so much! I think most of the theories/models related to this topic are gonna be pretty far fetched to include for this question. It's very broad.

This is my most stressful exam by far. I just don't know what makes a good case study, or the best way to structure it, or how to find quotes anywhere else other than textbooks or the internet.

This exam is gonna kill me :frown:
:bricks:
Original post by xxxcatxxx
Thank you so much! I think most of the theories/models related to this topic are gonna be pretty far fetched to include for this question. It's very broad.

This is my most stressful exam by far. I just don't know what makes a good case study, or the best way to structure it, or how to find quotes anywhere else other than textbooks or the internet.

This exam is gonna kill me :frown:
:bricks:

Take a deeeeep breath.
I would literally brainstorm- the range of human and physical factors-link possible case studies and theories/concepts/models.
Take it one step at a time,dont worry.
Original post by mollyx
How are you all structuring the main analysis? Are you using a case study to back up watch point?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Watch point?
Your case studies make up your analysis, I am considering dividing the analysis into three headings.
Reply 85
Original post by yellowgreencake
Watch point?
Your case studies make up your analysis, I am considering dividing the analysis into three headings.

I meant each point
What three headings are you thinking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyx
I meant each point
What three headings are you thinking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats the question.. thinking of using scales but then factors such as globalisation/ tourism ect...
hbu? What you thinking?
Reply 87
Thats the question.. thinking of using scales but then factors such as globalisation/ tourism ect...
hbu? What you thinking?

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Was gonna do four points (2 physical and 2 human) so like globalisation will be one heading and then write a bit about that and tourism and then back it up with an example. I think my 4 points are going be globalisation, government control, location and climate! What are yours going to be??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyx
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Was gonna do four points (2 physical and 2 human) so like globalisation will be one heading and then write a bit about that and tourism and then back it up with an example. I think my 4 points are going be globalisation, government control, location and climate! What are yours going to be??

Posted from TSR Mobile

What theories/models/ concepts will you be using to support your analysis?
Original post by mollyx

Posted from TSR Mobile

One case study under each heading?
How have you set out your methodology
Reply 90

Yeah that's what I meant. I will back each factor up with a case study. What case studies are you using?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91

I'm not sure how to set out the methodology! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
What theories/models/ concepts will you be using to support your analysis?

I haven't decided on models yet, but I'm definitely using the globalisation theories. What about you? What 4 factors are you going to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
I've got two articles here for North Korea as a case study:
http://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/north-korea-understanding-migration-and-closed-country
http://www.livescience.com/28528-7-cultural-facts-north-korea.html

I found these both quite interesting and useful!

Has anyone watched any DVDS related to this topic?
Original post by mollyx
I haven't decided on models yet, but I'm definitely using the globalisation theories. What about you? What 4 factors are you going to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Theres debate concerning how many case studies they want- some say 6ish, others say 3 so im not completely sure how much detail they demand
Globalisation, Tourism, Political Isolation ...thats what Im thinking
Reply 95
Theres debate concerning how many case studies they want- some say 6ish, others say 3 so im not completely sure how much detail they demand
Globalisation, Tourism, Political Isolation ...thats what Im thinking

Would tourism not come under globalisation? I've done two factors for human and two for physical because my teacher said its good to keep a balanced argument

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyx
Would tourism not come under globalisation? I've done two factors for human and two for physical because my teacher said its good to keep a balanced argument

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im still exploring to be honest, but you do make a valid point.
Let me explorreeee
Original post by mollyx
Yeah that's what I meant. I will back each factor up with a case study. What case studies are you using?

Posted from TSR Mobile

USA and North Korea and Bhutan
Original post by mollyx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know where I can find some theories?
Reply 99
USA and North Korea and Bhutan

Aw yeah, what factors are you going to use for each of those??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending