The Student Room Group

I can't cope.

I'm not coping and I don't know what to do.
I'm at uni, with an eating disorder none of my friends know about, ill for about 10 days now and pretty much at rock bottom. I have no one to talk to here, they're all busy with their boyfriends and frankly being insensitive to the fact that I was dumped a couple of weeks ago! But that's not their problem. I've been home alone so much recently because every time I try to leave the house I end up vomiting or nearly fainting because I'm ill and I just don't know where to go from here.
The one friend I've considered telling about my ED was supposed to come round tonight and I was going to tell her, I think, but she ditched me to go on a date with her boyfriend instead.
I don't know. I don't know what I'm really expecting in response to be honest but just anything, I feel completely alone.
Talk about it to one of your friends at university maybe. I'm sure there's someone at your institution who can aid you through your struggles.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm at uni, with an eating disorder none of my friends know about, ill for about 10 days now and pretty much at rock bottom. I have no one to talk to here, they're all busy with their boyfriends and frankly being insensitive to the fact that I was dumped a couple of weeks ago! But that's not their problem. I've been home alone so much recently because every time I try to leave the house I end up vomiting or nearly fainting because I'm ill and I just don't know where to go from here.
The one friend I've considered telling about my ED was supposed to come round tonight and I was going to tell her, I think, but she ditched me to go on a date with her boyfriend instead.
I don't know. I don't know what I'm really expecting in response to be honest but just anything, I feel completely alone.

please, please help yourself here, even if you aren't registered with the uni gp you can go to any walk in centre and they'll refer you or tell you where to go. Also try emailing your personal tutor/head of year, they're there to help you with personal problems and can direct you to professional help. Eating disorders need attention but the only way you can get the appropriate attention is by getting the ball rolling and telling someone who can point you the right way to go.

Put the boyfriend/friend issues on the back burner for the moment and focus on yourself.
Original post by TheNorthStar
please, please help yourself here, even if you aren't registered with the uni gp you can go to any walk in centre and they'll refer you or tell you where to go. Also try emailing your personal tutor/head of year, they're there to help you with personal problems and can direct you to professional help. Eating disorders need attention but the only way you can get the appropriate attention is by getting the ball rolling and telling someone who can point you the right way to go.

Put the boyfriend/friend issues on the back burner for the moment and focus on yourself.

This is good advice OP. Seriously, you should speak to a friend about this. If they're truly friends then they'll help, if they aren't then you now know who is really on your side.
Reply 4
Thank you all for replying, I didn't think I'd get anything!
I'm see someone for my ED but it seems to have just made everything worse to be honest, I hate myself so much more and my ED's just got more of a grip on me. I'm really bad at looking after myself too! I just try to look after everyone else so that doesn't really help! I just completely feeling like I'm drowning; I have loads of uni deadlines coming up and everything's just really getting on top of me :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

Here's my advice to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtFQKpFPB-Q&feature=youtu.be

Quick Reply

Latest