The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London Law applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by sgpl0x
Got the PPL Offer at King's :biggrin: :biggrin: Was emailed this morning!

Congrats mate!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Anyone else apply prior to the first scholarship deadline? Any idea when we'll be hearing? :confused:

Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Reply 62
Ahh still waiting!! Come on King's!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by JS2014
Ahh still waiting!! Come on King's!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here's to Us....Kudos, last week of waiting, if anything we are award holders for patience and perseverance.......foretaste of life as a lawyer!!!Haha:smile::smile::p:D:wink::s-smilie::smile::tongue::wink::biggrin::smile::smile:Good luck to all of us in this final week!!!!!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 64
I got turned down from Kings yesterday...three days before their targeted cut off date.
I'm heartbroken tbh, I knew I was slightly below the expected grades for PPL at AAA, but I was hoping my PS and my LNAT score would pull me through, and it didn't. :confused:
Wish everybody else the best of luck anyway!
Reply 65
Original post by ohdaisy
I got turned down from Kings yesterday...three days before their targeted cut off date.
I'm heartbroken tbh, I knew I was slightly below the expected grades for PPL at AAA, but I was hoping my PS and my LNAT score would pull me through, and it didn't. :confused:
Wish everybody else the best of luck anyway!

Commiserations on your rejection! I'm afraid that I am in the same position as you King's asks for 35 with 6,6,7 for the IB Diploma and I have 40 with 6,6,6.
May I ask what is your LNAT score?
Reply 66
Hate to ask this while so many people are still waiting for UCAS decisions to come through, but out of interest, does anyone know if King's will tell us if we've been unsuccessful in the first round of their scholarship applications before pooling us into the second round? With the deadline for the second round around the corner, their silence is a bit worrying.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 67
Given the fact that I've not been given an offer I have been automatically removed from scholarship selection, if anyone is struggling with theirs I'd be more than happy to let them have a look at mine for ideas since I am no longer in the running.
Reply 68
Original post by melmarbi
Commiserations on your rejection! I'm afraid that I am in the same position as you King's asks for 35 with 6,6,7 for the IB Diploma and I have 40 with 6,6,6.
May I ask what is your LNAT score?

my LNAT was 23.4, I have no idea why I got a decimal number, something to do with my LNAT test being significantly harder, or something.
I wish you all the luck! xxx
Reply 69
So do we think we will finally hear today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally have a reply from kings after more than 6 months. Just got an offer an hour ago :biggrin: good luck to anyone still waiting!
****, just found out that the scholarship's deadline is in two days... I've already got so many work to do, don't know what I will do!
And btw, you guys know how the English & American Law program is accessible?
Reply 73
Hi everyone I'm a law unconditional offer holder for KCL :smile:
Anyone else still panicking about the scholarship application? I just found about the scholarship two days ago and I'm completely lost as to how to approach the essays (as the deadline is today, terrible, I know :angry:). Does anyone know if Dickson Poon release examples of essays from previous years?
Reply 74
Original post by jenn26
Hi everyone I'm a law unconditional offer holder for KCL :smile:
Anyone else still panicking about the scholarship application? I just found about the scholarship two days ago and I'm completely lost as to how to approach the essays (as the deadline is today, terrible, I know :angry:). Does anyone know if Dickson Poon release examples of essays from previous years?

As far as I know, last year was the first year of the DP scholarship programme, but the application questions were completely different to this year's questions. So, even if examples were provided, it would be of little value. I too really struggled with how to approach the rather open-ended questions, especially the first one. If you haven't seen this already, this may help a little with what they're looking for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHnuTiUsFC4 I know it helped me. Good luck :smile:

Original post by headless-chicken
Finally have a reply from kings after more than 6 months. Just got an offer an hour ago :biggrin: good luck to anyone still waiting!

Congratulations! I know this probably doesn't change much with you, but I'm sure it feels great nonetheless :biggrin:
Original post by S_Ravel

Congratulations! I know this probably doesn't change much with you, but I'm sure it feels great nonetheless :biggrin:

Hah thanks! It probably won't. Unless by some misplaced miracle I get one of those scholarships :wink:
Reply 76
Original post by headless-chicken
Hah thanks! It probably won't. Unless by some misplaced miracle I get one of those scholarships :wink:

Yeah, those scholarships are tantalisingly generous! One of those would make an already hard decision for you near impossible, I should imagine. :grin:
Original post by S_Ravel
Yeah, those scholarships are tantalisingly generous! One of those would make an already hard decision for you near impossible, I should imagine. :grin:

No kidding! But same for you if everyone gives you home fees status! Fingers crossed for us both huh xD
Dear All,

This is an invitation to an exclusive and unrivalled application-only event for students about to embark upon a Law degree at university. You’ll be due to graduate in 2017, or 2018 if studying for a four year degree.

This is your chance to meet and network with the best commercial law firms in the world and show them that you have the potential to be a great lawyer.

Hear from representatives from these leading law firms as they share their insights into the commercial law sector and what they look for in successful undergraduates and graduates when it comes to hiring. Firms attending include:

Clifford Chance
Freshfields
Herbert Smith Freehills
Sullivan & Cromwell
Travers Smith

If you are interested in attending please visit the following site, and quote "Nadim" anywhere in your application for referral purposes.

http://www.brightnetwork.co.uk/graduate-events/bright-network-first-year-commercial-law-2014

Quick Reply

Latest