Mature student has got an offer for master Theology Help needed a.s.p.

Watch
man2go
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi all,

I have an unconditional offer for a master ma/msc programme for Spirituality, Theology and Health. Starting in October 2014.

I am looking for mature students who are having trouble like me, choosing the right college to live and work in.
As I live in Holland, I can not come and visit the colleges.
My choice of college is set by tomorrow, for as from Monday on I understood the selection date wil start.

At first I thought: well, then I should apply for St. John's. But later I thought, mayby there is too much Christianity in my studies already, so it would be a bit of relief to be in a college with a more different atmosphere.
So that's why St. Chad's came in the picture.

Are their any other mature students with the same issue?
The issue is: I will have to choose by tomorrow wether I would like to live in St. John's or St. Chad's.

Important is for me:
- A more spacious room, since I am used to my own (very quiet) house.
- A small community
- Friendly people to make new friends easily
- Traditional aspects of the college
- Some nature around the college, like trees or a yard etc.
- Not too much noice from undergraduates, as I am older (nearly 40) and I will need my sleep regularly

Should I think: you study theology so just go for St. John's?
Or should I think: avoid too much theology and go for St. Chad's?

Any advise, especially from postgraduate (mature) students, is highly appreciated!

If anyonce could show me a pic of a more spacious Postgraduate room in St. John's college would be very helpfull to me!

All help is much welcome!! Thanks!
FredOrJohn
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by man2go)
Hi all,

I have an unconditional offer for a master ma/msc programme for Spirituality, Theology and Health. Starting in October 2014.

I am looking for mature students who are having trouble like me, choosing the right college to live and work in.
As I live in Holland, I can not come and visit the colleges.
My choice of college is set by tomorrow, for as from Monday on I understood the selection date wil start.

At first I thought: well, then I should apply for St. John's. But later I thought, mayby there is too much Christianity in my studies already, so it would be a bit of relief to be in a college with a more different atmosphere.
So that's why St. Chad's came in the picture.

Are their any other mature students with the same issue?
The issue is: I will have to choose by tomorrow wether I would like to live in St. John's or St. Chad's.

Important is for me:
- A more spacious room, since I am used to my own (very quiet) house.
- A small community
- Friendly people to make new friends easily
- Traditional aspects of the college
- Some nature around the college, like trees or a yard etc.
- Not too much noice from undergraduates, as I am older (nearly 40) and I will need my sleep regularly

Should I think: you study theology so just go for St. John's?
Or should I think: avoid too much theology and go for St. Chad's?

Any advise, especially from postgraduate (mature) students, is highly appreciated!

If anyonce could show me a pic of a more spacious Postgraduate room in St. John's college would be very helpfull to me!

All help is much welcome!! Thanks!
This is probably he wrong board for this message.
man2go
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Oh sorry, I am pretty new to this forum.
Do you happen to know which board would suite this message best? Would that be the Durham forum in general?
Thanks!
FredOrJohn
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by man2go)
Oh sorry, I am pretty new to this forum.
Do you happen to know which board would suite this message best? Would that be the Durham forum in general?
Thanks!
Yeah - it would be the specific university threads.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (46)
37.1%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
9.68%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.03%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
23.39%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (22)
17.74%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.06%

Watched Threads