Can a christian date a non christian? Watch

nocoolusername
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am a christian male and my crush is indian muslim. Should i persue this relationship. She is really friendly and down to earth. Do you think we can get over the religious boundaries.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fishoutofwater
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I say carpe diem. It's not like you're getting married, and if you do, cross that bridge when you get to it. You'll be able to learn a lot from eachother. My boyfriend and I are both non-christian, but we have lots of opposing views ex. I am a work-a-holic and he's lazy. One of the best parts of a relationship (Other than being loved, fawning over your love, cuddles, support, butterflies etc) is growing as a person and having your views changed/altered, maturing and knowing you've had an impact on that person just as much as they have on you. Fall in love, enjoy the little things. (:

When/if the relationship involves parents that may be difficult, but just remember that you both have a belief in a higher being that loves you and created you and you've both been drawn to eachother.

Goodluck!
Old_Simon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Give it up. Her brothers will probably murder you.
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Quite possibly.
Chwirkytheappleboy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The traditional Christian teaching is that you shouldn't (the usual citation is 2 Corinthians 6:14) however it depends on how seriously you take your religion. Most Christians I've come across tend to have a "pick and choose" attitude towards the rules, especially when it comes to relationships and sex. Ultimately it's a matter of establishing your priorities.
llys
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can, but I don't think it's going to last, unless your family and her family are also "very friendly and down-to-earth" (or if you never see them, e.g. when it is a university-based relationship).

People tend to mock what their family thinks on here but actually giving up your family for a boyfriend or girlfriend is a big ask, especially when you are young and that person is unlikely to be someone you will spend the rest of your life with.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
She isn't allowed to "date"/"marry" you, according to Islam.
kumon
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
She could convert you to islam, but you could always secretly be christian as long as you fool the family in the marriage :lol:
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nocoolusername)
I am a christian male and my crush is indian muslim. Should i persue this relationship. She is really friendly and down to earth. Do you think we can get over the religious boundaries.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you guys church/mosque goers, or are you just referring to the religions you were born into?
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, God will probably strike both of you down.
nocoolusername
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Mankytoes)
Are you guys church/mosque goers, or are you just referring to the religions you were born into?
I am a church goer but i dont think she is that religious as she dosent pray 5 times a day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yo radical one
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Some denominations say no, others say a man can but a woman can't (similar to Islam).

Seriously who cares, I've never met a particularly good Christian and if you can make her happy it's not that bad
Jonn_Snowed
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes. My friend is Muslim however his mother is Christian and his father Muslim
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nocoolusername)
I am a church goer but i dont think she is that religious as she dosent pray 5 times a day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The devil is kind of in the details here. In both religions, there are lots of different denominations that have different rules on this sort of thing. In any case, it's going to be more of a challenge. But it clearly can be done, there's countless examples.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (18)
11.84%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (11)
7.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (36)
23.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (23)
15.13%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (16)
10.53%
How can I be the best version of myself? (48)
31.58%

Watched Threads