The Student Room Group

RAF - interview, gcse certificate help!

Okay so basically I passed my AST on the 6th of February, so now I have my interview on the 17th. I failed my English language the first time (August) with a D I then retook it in November and got a C. However I do not have the certificate for this yet so I was wondering if this would stop me being able to pass my interview? My results sheet for English I have says it is candidate statement of results and I read that this could be acceptable?
Thanks in advance for whoever helps!:smile:
Reply 1
Call the RAF Careers line as soon as you can on 0845 605 5555. You will probably be fine as it's just one certificate but some people have to contact the exam boards and request a certificate if they don't have it. I would call them ASAP and have a chat about it. Probably nothing to worry about though.
Reply 2
Original post by ryan9900
Call the RAF Careers line as soon as you can on 0845 605 5555. You will probably be fine as it's just one certificate but some people have to contact the exam boards and request a certificate if they don't have it. I would call them ASAP and have a chat about it. Probably nothing to worry about though.

Okay will do, thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by Thelee_96
Okay will do, thanks!

No worries :smile: What have you applied for?
Reply 4
No worries :smile: What have you applied for?

Aircraft technician mechanical!:smile: why about you?
Reply 5
Original post by Thelee_96
Aircraft technician mechanical!:smile: why about you?

Exactly the same thing! haha, got my AST on the 18th :smile:
Reply 6
Exactly the same thing! haha, got my AST on the 18th :smile:

Best way to be :wink: haha good luck man! I didn't find the AST too hard so you should pass!
Reply 7
Yeah! I'm going to see what I qualify for with my AST results but almost certainly will be going for that trade unless I qualify for WSOp or something haha. well done on passing yours! and good luck with the interview :smile:
Reply 8
Yeah! I'm going to see what I qualify for with my AST results but almost certainly will be going for that trade unless I qualify for WSOp or something haha. well done on passing yours! and good luck with the interview :smile:

Ahh good luck! Haha thanks! Ill need it! Good luck with yours when you get too it!:smile:
Reply 9
I didn't have any of my Certificates, just a basic printout list of results, was told to make sure I get them + my passport before my medical! It's basically up-to the individuals who are managing you at the AFCO to decide whether you need it FOR your interview or if they'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Quick Reply

Latest