The Student Room Group

If your team doesn't/ can't win the league...

Which other team (realistically) would you like to see win it, and why?

As an Arsenal fan, I suppose I wouldn't mind Liverpool winning it, despite being humiliated by them yesterday...

They're playing great football under Rodgers and I think very highly of Gerrard as a player, would like to see him complete the set as it were, and have him and Sturridge go into the WC as champions.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't care who wins if we don't. I hate Spurs/Chelsea/United/Liverpool/City equally.
Reply 2
chesterfield. we never get anything against them away from home, so if we can lose them it would be great!

as for the premier league, as a neutral it would be great to see either arsenal (just because their a bit different, have kept faith with their manager etc) or man city (play the best football) win
Also as an Arsenal fan, to be honest I'd say City - regardless of your feelings about how they got their money, they really deserve to win it with some of the football they've been playing so far this season. More unrealistically I'd say Everton or Southampton.

As a Swindon fan, meanwhile, I don't really mind who wins League 1 as long as it's not Bristol City - and since they're in the relegation zone I don't think that will be happening.
Reply 4
As long as Aston Villa don't win I'm happy. :tongue: :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Arsenal fan here too :five: I really don't mind anymore just as long as it's not Liverpool my brother would rub that in my face for weeks
Reply 6
Man City, Everton or Man United
Reply 7
Anyone except Manchester United or Liverpool.
Reply 8
I'm a Liverpool fan and I wouldn't mind seeing City win it. They play SUCH good football at times and there's no massively unlike-able players in their team unlike Chelsea.
Reply 9
I'm not really a "fan" of any PL team (not being English and all). That said, I want to see Arsenal win it, but I wouldn't mind if Manchester City win it, just because I kind of like Pellegrini and hope he gets one over Mourinho in the end (even if Mourinho is the better manager, I don't care).
Reply 10
As a Liverpool fan, I have a lot of respect for Wenger and admiration for Arsenal as a club. The problem is that I can't stand a lot of Arsenal fans so I'd probably have to say Man City (out of the clubs who are currently in the top 7).

Arsenal - because of the fans
Chelsea - hate Mourinho
Man Utd - rivals of Liverpool
Everton - rivals of Liverpool
Tottenham - don't think we'd hear the end of it

That only really leaves Man City?
Reply 11
QPR can't win the (Football) league... but at least they'd want to finish second :smile:
As a Norwich fan, I'd quite like Arsenal to win it.
Chelsea

Arsenal fans are too arrogant
City and Liverpool are self explanatory
Ideally Spurs or Everton but that's almost as unlikely as United. The Arsenal reactions if Spurs won it would be glorious
Original post by meenu89
As long as Aston Villa don't win I'm happy. :tongue: :biggrin:

I'd cry if Villa won it.

Spoiler

Reply 15
As a Villa fan, I wouldn't mind Arsenal winning as it's a bit of a change in recent years and as a club, they are loyal to managers which I admire. But tbh, as long as either United or Tottenham don't win I'm happy :u:
Difficult

Arsenal - admire Wenger and the self-sustainable model but their fans are unbelievably arrogant and obnoxious. Would never hear the end of it.
Man City -- sugar daddy clubs have to stick together init. But some of the comments from their players and blue moon have been quite arrogant and I don't want them to develop into a big powerhouse in the future.
Liverpool - lol, if they were in the league I'd rather Millwall win the league than them
Tottenham - would rather Liverpool win the league than these guys

Everton would be a good choice and I quite like them however there's very little chance. Sky Blues it is then.
(edited 10 years ago)
If Arsenal cant then Liverpool
Original post by manchesterunited15
Chelsea

Arsenal fans are too arrogant
City and Liverpool are self explanatory
Ideally Spurs or Everton but that's almost as unlikely as United. The Arsenal reactions if Spurs won it would be glorious

I'd genuinely think I'd lost my marbles or something. Spurs would probably rename WHL as the 'Champions Arena' or some bull**** :colonhash:
Perhaps Everton.

If I could nominate anyone it would be Fulham. Then we can both mock QPR.

Quick Reply

Latest