sarahharris1990
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi just wondering if anyone could offer any advice or information...

I'm in a very fortunate position at the moment as I've been offered places for both Edge Hill early years pgce and Chester early years pgce and just don't know what offer to take.

I graduated from edge hill and really liked it there however the fact that placements can be so far away for this course it's put me off a lot as I don't want to have to stay somewhere far away.

I really liked the look of Chester uni when I went for my interview but just don't know much about the uni in general.

If anyone has been on either courses and has any advice or information to offer I would be very grateful :-) thanks xx
Linnende
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sarahharris1990)
Hi just wondering if anyone could offer any advice or information...

I'm in a very fortunate position at the moment as I've been offered places for both Edge Hill early years pgce and Chester early years pgce and just don't know what offer to take.

I graduated from edge hill and really liked it there however the fact that placements can be so far away for this course it's put me off a lot as I don't want to have to stay somewhere far away.

I really liked the look of Chester uni when I went for my interview but just don't know much about the uni in general.

If anyone has been on either courses and has any advice or information to offer I would be very grateful :-) thanks xx
Hi Sarah. I have offers from Chester and Edge Hill too but I'm probably going to choose Chester. I liked how they made you feel welcome and relaxed on the interview day whereas for me the Edge Hill interview was quite stressful. I like the idea of the small cohort as there are only about 25 places at Chester and at Edge Hill there are about 80 places. The Guardian university guide puts Chester quite a few places higher than Edge Hill for education as well (16 and 28).

http://www.theguardian.com/education...uide-education

However I would like to know about placements and how far away they could potentially be as I live in Lydiate (about 30-40 mins away from the Warrington campus), so I hope I won't get sent somewhere that's miles away! If anyone else could comment on this then that would be great.
sarahharris1990
Rep:
?
I felt exactly the same edge hill interview was awful and I thought the staff at Chester were very friendly and I also thought as there were less of us on the course maybe we will get more looked after? I could be completely wrong haha!

I emailed about placements for Chester and they told me they try to base you within 90 mins of either your house or the uni.

what day did u have your interviews on maybe we were on the same day?
Linnende
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I felt exactly the same edge hill interview was awful and I thought the staff at Chester were very friendly and I also thought as there were less of us on the course maybe we will get more looked after? I could be completely wrong haha!

I emailed about placements for Chester and they told me they try to base you within 90 mins of either your house or the uni.

what day did u have your interviews on maybe we were on the same day?
My Chester interview was on the 29th January and Edge Hill was on the 3rd Feb. I accepted the offer from Chester in the end so it looks like I'm going there
sarahharris1990
Rep:
?
My Chester interview was then too lol but my edge hill was the 28th. I think I am going to accept Chester but I'm attending an info session at edge hill this sat about the numeracy skills test so don't want to accept until after I've been incase they won't let me go because I haven't picked them lol
Linnende
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My Chester interview was then too lol but my edge hill was the 28th. I think I am going to accept Chester but I'm attending an info session at edge hill this sat about the numeracy skills test so don't want to accept until after I've been incase they won't let me go because I haven't picked them lol
I don't think they'll be like that. I went to loads of those support sessions at Edge Hill lol. That's funny we might have seen each other at the interview lol.
sarahharris1990
Rep:
?
I thought so but i just didn't wanna take the chance haha as soon as I attend it this sat I'm going to put Chester down as my choice :-) we probs did lol I had my group task with the very tall man with grey hair I really can't remember his name lol
Linnende
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hmmm I might have been in that group. What was your presentation on? I did mine on special educational needs. There was a guy in my group too I remember cos he was the only guy at the interview day lol.
Trishg22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi I have seen that you had an Interview at Edge Hill for PGCE. I was just wondering how was the interview process? Any tips of what to study for the tests? I have my Interview in March and I am feeling very lost on what to study! Any help/tips greatly appreciated
Smcollins23
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Excited to start at chester now woo! Have passed qts exams now so can't wait to meet you all now is it aug or sept we start? x
Linnende
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey. We start officially on the 3rd September. Also the main Chester Early years PGCE thread for 2014-2015 is here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2592362
PGCE Early Years 2014-2015

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (280)
61.14%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.8%
No- I want it (122)
26.64%
No- I don't want it (34)
7.42%

Watched Threads

Latest