?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Tough or Esay Peasy?
KaylaB
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Depends which you find easier, personally I find literature easier and got an A* in it because I'm good at talking lots of crap about one thing and coming up with interpretations.
But language I actually found really difficult, although we changed exam boards (now on Cambridge iGCSE) it's still kind of the same idea but with a language written exam, speaking exam, and coursework. I'm currently on a B+ and yeah language is more showing different kinds of writing styles and how you can manipulate the text for your purpose.

So for me Literature was easy peasy and Language is quite tough,
Good Luck anyway!

Update:
Got my English Language coursework grades back thought and all of my coursework got A*s, one was full marks, the other two were 1 mark off of full marks. So currently overall on a high A.
Good Luck again!
Bobjim12
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
language is easy once you know how to answer the questions, that being said, it is difficult to learn how to answer the questions. although it is hard to get an A* because of one crap piece of coursework which should logically be english literature coursework (mine was on macbeth, how is that not literature?). that's most likely going to put my grade as i only got 20/30 on it.

the exam's worth 60% iirc. An A* on that would boost your marks incredibly if you falter with the coursework.
cookiemonster15
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KaylaB)
Depends which you find easier, personally I find literature easier and got an A* in it because I'm good at talking lots of crap about one thing and coming up with interpretations.
But language I actually found really difficult, although we changed exam boards (now on Cambridge iGCSE) it's still kind of the same idea but with a language written exam, speaking exam, and coursework. I'm currently on a B+ and yeah language is more showing different kinds of writing styles and how you can manipulate the text for your purpose.

So for me Literature was easy peasy and Language is quite tough,
Good Luck anyway!
I'm the exact opposite, I find language easier than literature, I think though if you revise well you should be able to get an A*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.96%
No I am happy with my course choice (401)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (100)
14.22%

Watched Threads