The Student Room Group

What is the perfect height for a female?

After discussion with my friends they concluded.

5'1-5'8 is the perfect height.
All of the 49 boys asked in a study said the exact same.
Their reasons were that taller woman tend to be heavier, taller woman don't wear heels much and women in heels is 'a mans dream', and taller women don't tend to look good next to the male.

What are your opinions on this?

Scroll to see replies

Well that's a pretty broad range.
I'm surprised how broad a range that is, particularly on the 'tall' end- I've always felt a bit too tall at 5'6"... :tongue:
Reply 3
I prefer girls who are between 5'0 and 5'5 but anywhere between 4'10-6'0 is acceptable.
Original post by doctordee
After discussion with my friends they concluded.

5'1-5'8 is the perfect height.
All of the 49 boys asked in a study said the exact same.
Their reasons were that taller woman tend to be heavier, taller woman don't wear heels much and women in heels is 'a mans dream', and taller women don't tend to look good next to the male.

What are your opinions on this?

how is 5'8 better than 5'0? I swear I thought guys preferred shorter girls and 5'8 is taller than some guys
Reply 5
I'm a man so I think I qualify for giving an opinion here.

1. I find a woman's apparel to be of little relevance to their beauty. Shoes included.
2. I find shorter to be better, but it's not the be-all-and-end-all.
3. I don't see much issue with a woman being heavy, so long as she is reasonably physically fit.

For me, 5"0 to 5"8, but I don't see height to be too relevant, for me anyway.

Just my 2p.
Reply 6
I'd say 5'4-5'6 is probably perfect
Reply 7
On the short side: 5"5
On the tall side: 5"10
"Heels are a man's dream" thats just so cringe :lol:
Reply 9
5'2 - 5'6 :smile: 5'8 max.
Reply 10
I've never seen what the fuss is about small girls; 5'8+ maybe topping out at my height, 6'2.
5'6 because that's my height and im perfect
Surely 5"1 to 5"8 would cover the vast majority of girls anyway?
There isn't one, why would there be? I particularly dislike the fact that this thread is judging the perfect height by what boys think of it, like perfect is solely based on how attractive you are, if you are a woman. What matters about your height as with any other aspect of your body image is how you feel about it, not how anyone else perceives it.
I'm 5'6 and in all honesty my height is pretty much the only thing I like about myself. Any shorter and I wouldn't carry my weight very well, but any taller and I think I'd be self conscious about being taller than some guys when I wear high heels.
I personally reckon the perfect height for any guy is -6 inches from their own height. For example, I'm 6'2'', so 5'8'' is perfect for me. That way I'm taller than them, or about the same height if they're wearing a pair of 6'' heels. Never taller than me :biggrin:
Reply 16
5'6 sounds like the perfect height, from opinions I've heard so far.
Reply 17
5'1 - 5'8 basically means height isn't important for girls as long as they aren't tiny or huge.

I don't really care about a girls height, but I'd like to be a bit taller and I'm 6'0.
5'10 - 6'1
Reply 19
That would rule out a lot of models and as far as I'm aware they're more attractive than the average person.