The Student Room Group

Online dating... But never met or skyped

I met this girl online, almost a year ago and we haven't met or skyped.
were both 17 and she won't skype cause her father won't approve- and I can't meet her due to personal circumstances... We have decided to wait until uni to meet but I want to hear her voice.

suggestions....
Reply 1
Phone call? :confused:
Reply 2
If it was me I think I would just move on. Don't waste your time.

Try and look for a relationship in real life.
Reply 3
Stay friends for now and leave the dating bit for then you do actually meet her in real, as you cant be sure she is who she says she is. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I met this girl online, almost a year ago and we haven't met or skyped.
were both 17 and she won't skype cause her father won't approve- and I can't meet her due to personal circumstances... We have decided to wait until uni to meet but I want to hear her voice.

suggestions....

Sounds like you have a catfish on your hands.
Reply 5
Pretty lame excuse for not skyping, I think you've been talking to a maaaaaaaannnn.
Reply 6
Original post by Jebedee
Pretty lame excuse for not skyping, I think you've been talking to a maaaaaaaannnn.

I've seen pictures of her though...
Reply 7
Original post by franvb
Sounds like you have a catfish on your hands.

I think so too... But idk
Reply 8
Original post by A321
Stay friends for now and leave the dating bit for then you do actually meet her in real, as you cant be sure she is who she says she is. :smile:

Yes. That's what we've decided for now... But I still want to know she's REAL ...
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I've seen pictures of her though...

Errrr, not even going to respond to that. But anyway, ask her to take a picture with your name written on a piece of paper and put side by side with her face. Everyone has a camera these days don't take any excuses, if she doesn't provide the pic just cut contact with her.
Reply 10
You've been cat-fished. Have you spoken to her on the phone? Pictures mean nothing, they can be stolen off facebook.
i think the whole point of online dating website is to make an initial contact. once that is made, you have to quickly move onto a proper chat over skype or whatnot. ask for a 10 minutes chat over skype. if that goes well, arrange a more informal chat. just try to get to know each other using your own voice.
Get a phone call, and use snapchat. It'd be pretty easy to tell if a snapchat photo is faked :smile:
Original post by Jebedee
Errrr, not even going to respond to that. But anyway, ask her to take a picture with your name written on a piece of paper and put side by side with her face. Everyone has a camera these days don't take any excuses, if she doesn't provide the pic just cut contact with her.

This is a great idea.
If she has been sending you photos then she definitely owns some kind of camera. If she was real and wanted you to keep talking to her then she would have no problem with such a small favor to put your mind at rest.
If she refuses that plus meeting up, phones calls and skype, then you should just leave it to be honest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending