The Student Room Group

Getting into teaching?

I'd really like to go into teaching. I'm currently in the last few months of an Art and Design Btec and I haven't signed up to UCAS or anything like that as I'm spending my summer working in the states at a summer camp (:biggrin::biggrin:) and I won't get back until late sept and then I don't want to run off and leave my family with only a few of coming back. Anyway, I also didn't know what I wanted to do with my life and only decided when it was a tad too late.

I'd really like to do primary teaching and I did my work experience and have done various workshops in Primary schools, but as I'm not going to uni this september I was looking at writing to a couple of local primary schools and seeing if I could do some experience with them and also apply to the Foundation Degree in Primary Teaching and Learning with the Open University at the same time, then once I've gained that, Apply to a brick university and study for a BEd in Education? Would this qualify me to teach?

Thank you
Reply 1
Primary Education Degrees are what you're looking for, ones that say you'll gain QTS :smile: and most primary schools are more than happy to let you help out for a couple of weeks. I'm on my Gap Year doing work experience in Primary schools and nurseries and will be off in September to do Early Years Education (3-7 year olds)
Reply 2
Original post by TNA123
Primary Education Degrees are what you're looking for, ones that say you'll gain QTS :smile: and most primary schools are more than happy to let you help out for a couple of weeks. I'm on my Gap Year doing work experience in Primary schools and nurseries and will be off in September to do Early Years Education (3-7 year olds)

Ah Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending