The Student Room Group

Am I being clingy or is he just FLAKY?

Guy I've recently started seeing texts me, suggests we meet this week. I reply, asking when would work for hom. No response. Am I being clingy by trying to make him commit to an actual day of the week? So infuriating - I want to plan my week! And this seems to be happening more and more nowadays, if my girlfriends' relationships with their guys are anything to go by... End of rant, sorry.
Original post by Anonymous
Guy I've recently started seeing texts me, suggests we meet this week. I reply, asking when would work for hom. No response. Am I being clingy by trying to make him commit to an actual day of the week? So infuriating - I want to plan my week! And this seems to be happening more and more nowadays, if my girlfriends' relationships with their guys are anything to go by... End of rant, sorry.

all i can say is wait for a reply. if you dont get one by a few days before or the day before youre meant to be hanging, just send another saying something casual like heyy so we still on for x day? hes maybe busy or is trying to figure out when hes free so he can reply with a time. but dont sit around waiting. also maybe try to plan something else for that day as a safety net so that if he doesnt get in touch you wont spend the day wasted being mad and having nothing to do. but relax, i think people tend to overthink the whole texting/replying thing. people arent always on their phones 24/7 :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Chocolatesoup
all i can say is wait for a reply. if you dont get one by a few days before or the day before youre meant to be hanging, just send another saying something casual like heyy so we still on for x day? hes maybe busy or is trying to figure out when hes free so he can reply with a time. but dont sit around waiting. also maybe try to plan something else for that day as a safety net so that if he doesnt get in touch you wont spend the day wasted being mad and having nothing to do. but relax, i think people tend to overthink the whole texting/replying thing. people arent always on their phones 24/7 :smile:

Thank you for the response. :smile: Problem is he's not even suggested a day yet, and I've asked him when would be best & waiting to hear. I've only got a couple of evenings free in the next 2 weeks, but if I text him again before he replies (and he's still not replied) I look like the clingy one. GARGH. Thank you again for the response. :smile:
Reply 3
How long do you usually wait between replies?
Nothing you can do apart from wait I'm afraid. Asking him to reply quicker is only more likely to make him take longer.
Just ask again in a few days. If he doesn't reply then you could either leave it or call him so you'd know for definite if he's ignoring you.
Reply 6
Thank you all!

Quick Reply

Latest