The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Biomedical graduate programs for Americans?

I posted this on the University of Edinburgh forum as it is probably the University I have the most interest at the moment, but my question is more about graduate programs in Scotland in general.

So I'm an American college student in my second year at university. I Have strong interest in possibly doing a masters program in Scotland, although where and what exactly I'm not yet sure. I was wondering if any of you would have any advice for what I could do over the next couple of years to:

1.) Increase my chances of getting accepted into a graduate program at a Scottish university. 2.) Make the process of actually moving to (visas, etc...) and living in Scotland (finding accomodations and what not) easier.
Also if anyone has any experience in studying within the field of molecular biology at a Scottish university, I would love to hear their opinions!
Thanks!
Reply 1
Sorry, can't really help you there. But you'd be making a wise choice with the University of Edinburgh, it's one of the best universities, especially for your subject, and it's recently been named 17th in the world. Go for Edinburgh, great city and even better uni.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Dylankj96
Sorry, can't really help you there. But you'd be making a wise choice with the University of Edinburgh, it's one of the best universities, especially for your subject, and it's recently been named 17th in the world. Go for Edinburgh, great city and even better uni.

Well thanks anyway! Yeah truthfully Edinburgh is my main choice! I traveled there on vacation a couple years ago and absolutely loved it! I just wanted to keep the question more general so that I could keep my options open for different programs.
Reply 3
Original post by prideda0
Well thanks anyway! Yeah truthfully Edinburgh is my main choice! I traveled there on vacation a couple years ago and absolutely loved it! I just wanted to keep the question more general so that I could keep my options open for different programs.

Edinburgh is my first choice too! :smile: Oh and UCL is great for your subject too, I think.
1.) Increase my chances of getting accepted into a graduate program at a Scottish university.

That's easy. Meet the entry requirements for the degree you're interested in. This is generally a GPA of 3.25 or higher.

2.) Make the process of actually moving to (visas, etc...) and living in Scotland (finding accomodations and what not) easier.

Moving is easy. Once you have a unconditional firm offer you can apply for a tier 4 visa. You buy a plane ticket. You come to Edinburgh. You stay in accommodation that you are guaranteed as a non-EU postgraduate student. Nothing difficult about it :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending