The Student Room Group

When do you receive your first year results?

Do they send them in the post to your permanent address or something? How do you receive them? Do you get an electronic version too?
Reply 1
I guess each uni is different but at mine we can view our results online usually on the Uni Moodle page

Posted from TSR Mobile
View online the results

Posted from TSR Mobile
We get our results online, which I think is pretty standard for most unis. It would be a colossal waste of money for them to print the results on paper for each student twice a year.

We also don't have a set results day, which is a massive pain in the ass, then to top it off we get the results from different modules on different days too, so basically I could get any of my results at any time between now and March haha.
Reply 4
We can see ours online too, however we usually get a letter during the summer saying whether we progressed on or not and what our overall mark was for that year.
Reply 5
Ours go online sometime in July- no one set results day.
Reply 6
Our April/May examination results are released electronically on a set date, typically around the 22nd or 23rd of June each year. The same system occurs for January exams, however the release date for provisional marks is a bit more inconsistent between assessments, other than it typically being mid-February.
Varies amongst different universities however, online grading is the norm and there is never any set results days like GCSE/A-Level.
Online, via blackboard, a few weeks after term ends

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Online for us too. It was several weeks after the final exam. However, as the first year is not worth anything towards the degree, they didn't tell us the overall percentage, just that we had passed each module.

That said, I did have individual marks for all my coursework and exams so I could put it together and calculate my percentage for the year. Slightly annoying as first year marks are important for getting placements, but not dire.
Reply 10
Original post by SillyEddy
Online for us too. It was several weeks after the final exam. However, as the first year is not worth anything towards the degree, they didn't tell us the overall percentage, just that we had passed each module.

That said, I did have individual marks for all my coursework and exams so I could put it together and calculate my percentage for the year. Slightly annoying as first year marks are important for getting placements, but not dire.

Which uni was that lol?

Quick Reply

Latest