Do I have an offer or not?

Watch this thread
Mr.P
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi Folks

I like many of you applied to university via UCAS and I'm having a bit of trouble telling whether I have an official offer or not from one of my universities (Queen Mary's). I received an email from them about an Open day, with the first line saying:

'This is just a friendly reminder that as a BSc Business Management offer holder you have been invited to attend a UCAS day at Queen Mary University of London on February 19th at 10am.

In this email it says I hold an offer, but on UCAS track there is no update. Is it just a time lag, or am I being punk'd? :dontknow:

Thanks for reading and best of luck in the future!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mr.P)
Hi Folks

I like many of you applied to university via UCAS and I'm having a bit of trouble telling whether I have an official offer or not from one of my universities (Queen Mary's). I received an email from them about an Open day, with the first line saying:

'This is just a friendly reminder that as a BSc Business Management offer holder you have been invited to attend a UCAS day at Queen Mary University of London on February 19th at 10am.

In this email it says I hold an offer, but on UCAS track there is no update. Is it just a time lag, or am I being punk'd? :dontknow:

Thanks for reading and best of luck in the future!
If there is nothing on UCAS then you have no offer.

It is either a typo or an oversight (and you can expect an offer soon). Give them a ring and ask why they sent the letter and whether the UCAS day is for you if you don't yet have an offer.
Zottula
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Offers aren't official until they are on UCAS. However, yes there are sometimes delays with adding updates to UCAS track. So it could be that they intend to make you an offer and haven't updated it yet, or it could be an administration error.

I would contact the university to find out. You don't want to commit to going to an open day, only to find out that you have been rejected.
PQ
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
FWIW - UCAS will show an offer within 24 hours of a university notifying them of the offer - any delays in an offer appearing on Track are 100% down to delays at the university end.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Human error can creep in. One of my students got invited to a post offer day without an offer and then found on the day before he was due to go that Track had updated with a rejection. The office (which shall remain nameless, but an RG university...) had mailed out the invitations to all those on the reject pile by mistake.:rolleyes:
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by carnationlilyrose)
Human error can creep in. One of my students got invited to a post offer day without an offer and then found on the day before he was due to go that Track had updated with a rejection. The office (which shall remain nameless, but an RG university...) had mailed out the invitations to all those on the reject pile by mistake.:rolleyes:
:facepalm:

OP - contact the uni to ask.
SabrinaaaSH
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I got an offer email from the specific department of a university 5 days after I applied but the track changed 3 weeks afterwards. I asked them if it was a mistake then bam the track changed on the next day and an email asking me if I could see the offer as they looked up in their system that an offer was sent on the day I emailed them. puzzling? :dontknow:

but I know it wasn't a mistake as they sent me an offer letter 3 days after I received the offer email.

Posted from TSR Mobile
PQ
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by carnationlilyrose)
ooooh PM me which uni it was :ninjagirl:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (60)
16.26%
The paper was reasonable (180)
48.78%
Not feeling great about that exam... (92)
24.93%
It was TERRIBLE (37)
10.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed