The Student Room Group

How far do you go for part time work?

I have a interview tomorrow for a Greggs in London but I'm wondering if a hour and ten minutes tube journey is to long for work. Especially because travelling there will eat out of my money....

Do you guys think its too long? :s-smilie:
Original post by lipslikemorphine
I have a interview tomorrow for a Greggs in London but I'm wondering if a hour and ten minutes tube journey is to long for work. Especially because travelling there will eat out of my money....

Do you guys think its too long? :s-smilie:

Personally, i think 1 hour 10 minutes is too long. I bet it would cost loads to get there and back.
If they offered you a job- could you ask to be transferred to a store nearer to you.
Original post by Emma:-)
Personally, i think 1 hour 10 minutes is too long. I bet it would cost loads to get there and back.
If they offered you a job- could you ask to be transferred to a store nearer to you.

I would but i think it's pretty unlikely since i've applied there a stupid amount of times to the ones around me and always got rejections so i doubt they'd change their minds.

I'm not going to go though...3 hours in total (getting to and back to the tube station) for work is just too much.

Reply 3
Well, I have tomorrow an interview and it takes ~45 minutes with tube to get there, with bus it's about an hour one way (I need to take 2 buses). I don't think it's too long for work, in my previous job, I had people coming even from Woolwich/Enfield to Knightsbridge :smile:

Where do you live and where's the interview place?
5 minutes in a car. 40 minute walk.
30-40 minutes, although I take bus home. Saves me like 5 quid per week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending