The Student Room Group

Applied for Sutton Trust, but want to do Nuffield Research Placement also

Have any of you guys applied to both schemes, or it even possible to do both?
You see i haven't even heard of the nuffield research placement till just yesterday and i already applied for a placement at Cambridge sutton trust, now i want to apply for nuffield because it seems more impressive but i don't know whether the sutton trust programme will conflict with the research placement, since i applied for 11-15 august placement.
Original post by League_Masters
Have any of you guys applied to both schemes, or it even possible to do both?
You see i haven't even heard of the nuffield research placement till just yesterday and i already applied for a placement at Cambridge sutton trust, now i want to apply for nuffield because it seems more impressive but i don't know whether the sutton trust programme will conflict with the research placement, since i applied for 11-15 august placement.

I've got a similar issue, except with UNIQ instead of the Sutton Trust. I emailed my Nuffield Coordinator who said that placement organisations are often fine with you taking a week off in the middle to do something else like a summer school (although not always) as long as you can complete four weeks in total. However, you should definitely apply to both in case you don't get into one of them. Sutton Trust is especially hard to get into because it's very strongly means tested.
Original post by Chlorophile
I've got a similar issue, except with UNIQ instead of the Sutton Trust. I emailed my Nuffield Coordinator who said that placement organisations are often fine with you taking a week off in the middle to do something else like a summer school (although not always) as long as you can complete four weeks in total. However, you should definitely apply to both in case you don't get into one of them. Sutton Trust is especially hard to get into because it's very strongly means tested.

Cheers, yeah ill apply for both, i mean i doubt ill get into that sutton trust so ill apply to both, thx
Original post by League_Masters
Cheers, yeah ill apply for both, i mean i doubt ill get into that sutton trust so ill apply to both, thx

Yeah, same. I'm only applying to Sutton Trust because the application is so easy!

Quick Reply

Latest