Asians:Do you find it difficult to approach people of other types ethnicity... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
cultures etc? Why?

This post misused the anon function. Before posting anonymously, please read the H&R guidelines - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._relationships
Mr Smurf
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you mean Oriental-Asian then personally, as one who prefers white girls I wouldn't find it any more difficult approaching or talking to one over an Oriental girl. But I am not into Oriental girls so don't approach them. White girls aren't into Oriental guys though so just because I don't find it any harder doesn't mean I am more likely to be successful. :sad:
Tai Ga
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mr Smurf)
If you mean Oriental-Asian then personally, as one who prefers white girls I wouldn't find it any more difficult approaching or talking to one over an Oriental girl. But I am not into Oriental girls so don't approach them. White girls aren't into Oriental guys though so just because it isn't harder doesn't mean its more likely to be successful. :sad:
Don't you get tired of this?
Mr Smurf
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tai Ga)
Don't you get tired of this?
Not until I am successful.
Kutta
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Vixen47
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, I find it difficult approaching Asians because I'm nothing like your typical Asian.
Qymberley
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As a girl who isn't attracted to Oriental-Asian boys (being Oriental myself), i have no trouble approaching any race/culture or whatever, everyone is equal through my eyes. On a side note, I've met some pretty decent oriental boys, but they pretty much act like a proper white 'lad', it's just the ones that are part of a certain friendship group that I have little contact with whom are very girly and annoying, and i've somehow generalised the entire male Oriental population based on those few boys.
Alfissti
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Never had a problem approaching anyone.

However I generally prefer to be approached and asked out by a girl rather than the other way round.
point.blanc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Vixen47)
No, I find it difficult approaching Asians because I'm nothing like your typical Asian.
I definitely agree with you! I find it very hard to approach Asians and I'm Asian myself ....then again it's just hard to approach all people in general who already have a very distinct group/clique.
Ribbit1234
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Are you talking about asians as in chinese or asians as in Indians and Pakistanis. Im an Indian and no I dont feel uncomfortable going upto people of other races. I got white and mixed race mate. I don't really know many black people. But I prefer sticking and hanging with other asians tbh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (198)
24.21%
Pop (201)
24.57%
Jazz (33)
4.03%
Classical (46)
5.62%
Hip-Hop (154)
18.83%