The Student Room Group

Asians:Do you find it difficult to approach people of other types ethnicity...

cultures etc? Why?

This post misused the anon function. Before posting anonymously, please read the H&R guidelines - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/guidelines_for_health_and_relationships
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
If you mean Oriental-Asian then personally, as one who prefers white girls I wouldn't find it any more difficult approaching or talking to one over an Oriental girl. But I am not into Oriental girls so don't approach them. White girls aren't into Oriental guys though so just because I don't find it any harder doesn't mean I am more likely to be successful. :sad:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Mr Smurf
If you mean Oriental-Asian then personally, as one who prefers white girls I wouldn't find it any more difficult approaching or talking to one over an Oriental girl. But I am not into Oriental girls so don't approach them. White girls aren't into Oriental guys though so just because it isn't harder doesn't mean its more likely to be successful. :sad:

Don't you get tired of this?
Reply 3
Original post by Tai Ga
Don't you get tired of this?

Not until I am successful.
Reply 4
No, I find it difficult approaching Asians because I'm nothing like your typical Asian.
Reply 6
As a girl who isn't attracted to Oriental-Asian boys (being Oriental myself), i have no trouble approaching any race/culture or whatever, everyone is equal through my eyes. On a side note, I've met some pretty decent oriental boys, but they pretty much act like a proper white 'lad', it's just the ones that are part of a certain friendship group that I have little contact with whom are very girly and annoying, and i've somehow generalised the entire male Oriental population based on those few boys. :colondollar:
Reply 7
Never had a problem approaching anyone.

However I generally prefer to be approached and asked out by a girl rather than the other way round.
Reply 8
Original post by Vixen47
No, I find it difficult approaching Asians because I'm nothing like your typical Asian.

I definitely agree with you! I find it very hard to approach Asians and I'm Asian myself :frown:....then again it's just hard to approach all people in general who already have a very distinct group/clique.
Are you talking about asians as in chinese or asians as in Indians and Pakistanis. Im an Indian and no I dont feel uncomfortable going upto people of other races. I got white and mixed race mate. I don't really know many black people. But I prefer sticking and hanging with other asians tbh

Quick Reply

Latest