The Student Room Group

EU Migrant Worker and Household Income

Hello EU Migrant Worker Team Member,

I have two questions regarding finance and maintenance grants which I haven't been able to find anywhere in the internet. I hope you would be able to help.

I have been working in the UK full-time (30 hours per week) since last 13 months so I've assumed I will be classed as a EU Migrant worker.
I am 22 years old and live with a boyfriend in England.

1) In terms of calculating the grant, which household income will be taken into consideration?
a. My income in England and my mother's income in an EEA state or
b. Me and my boyfriend's income together in England

I ask this because the official GOV.uk site states "Your parents’ income is assessed if you’re under 25 and depend on them financially. Your partner’s income is assessed if you’re over 25 and living with them."
In my case, I am under 25 but don't depend on my parents financially and I am not over 25 but live with a partner - so both of the above scenario do not apply to me. https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-student-finance/household-income

2) I had joined university in an EEA state and been a student for one year (incomplete from a 3 years Bachelors study) before moving to UK. However, I didn't attain any Higher Education qualification from this. Am I safe to assume this will not have any impact on getting the finance? (as a general rule you don't get the loan if you have already "completed" a course in Level 4 onwards.

Thank you very much.
Reply 1
Anyone can help? :confused:
Hi there,

If you are from the EU and wish to apply as a Migrant Worker, you must:

Be EEA or Swiss National

Be resident in the EEA for at least 3 years before the start of the course

Be resident in the UK on the first day of the first academic year

You must be working throughout your studies.

Show the pursuing an activity which is effective and genuine and not of a scale which would be considered marginal or ancillary (this would be deemed as low level or infrequent employment where the student cannot fully support themselves financially)

Be working throughout your studies and receive remuneration for this work i.e. wages, but can also have “pocket money” for voluntary employment i.e. Au Pair*. We will require you to send in evidence such as a P60, Contract of Employment, Payslips

You would apply using your own financial details.

Please send your original Identification (ID) or Passport and employment evidence along with the PN1 Form to:

Migrant Worker Team:
Student Finance England
PO Box 89
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending