The Student Room Group

Special Consideration For University

My sixth form has been in special measure since the last academic year. I just wondered if my first choice university might take this into account if I narrowly missed my offer, or are you supposed to 'declare' it during the UCAS application process?
Original post by tinhat
My sixth form has been in special measure since the last academic year. I just wondered if my first choice university might take this into account if I narrowly missed my offer, or are you supposed to 'declare' it during the UCAS application process?

Admissions tutors have access to data about underperforming schools and will be aware of this from the information already on the form.
Original post by tinhat

This should automatically be flagged on your UCAS form for admissions tutors to see, so in effect you have already declared it.

However, which uni are you firming? Some have special schemes that you can still apply to even at this late stage, e.g. Access to Leeds, Kingston Compact Scheme and Sheffield Hallam Compact Scheme.
Reply 3
Original post by Origami Bullets
This should automatically be flagged on your UCAS form for admissions tutors to see, so in effect you have already declared it.

However, which uni are you firming? Some have special schemes that you can still apply to even at this late stage, e.g. Access to Leeds, Kingston Compact Scheme and Sheffield Hallam Compact Scheme.

Probably Sheffield, I don't think they do any such scheme :frown:
Original post by tinhat
Probably Sheffield, I don't think they do any such scheme :frown:

I've just had a quick look and I don't think that they do either :no:
Original post by Origami Bullets
I've just had a quick look and I don't think that they do either :no:

They do have a bursary scheme for descendants of employees of one of the big, now-defunct steelworks. Annoyed me no end that my kids were actually eligible but wouldn't apply there as there were too many relatives living there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending