I'm the boss
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi
I am doing my 3rd person story tomorrow and I need to come up with my plan and draft. I do not know how to start It really well. Please can someone start it off good. My target is b or A. So It has to be good. Or any ideas what to write about. Thanks

story title: the coming storm

3rd person!!
Nerol
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by I'm the boss)
Hi
I am doing my 3rd person story tomorrow and I need to come up with my plan and draft. I do not know how to start It really well. Please can someone start it off good. My target is b or A. So It has to be good. Or any ideas what to write about. Thanks

story title: the coming storm

3rd person!!
Maybe you could write about a metaphorical storm.

For example, your main character could be a guy who's about to have a serious mental breakdown. You could write about the events that lead up to that. It'd be a good chance to get in lots of metaphors and other figurative language. Write a lot about his emotions and actions, and also the way others perceive him (i.e. facial expressions they give him, how they act around him). It seems like your aim should be to build up a lot of tension, since the story title is 'The Coming Storm'.
CiaraVeliaAdele
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello,

Keep in mind that if this is a graded assignment it will likely be checked for plagarism, and this comment might show up. Use at your own risk.

My basic idea is not to go on the main meaning of storm, but on the second:
a tumultuous reaction; an uproar or controversy.

Basically, You have a character who has done something to cause a controversy. The piece can be a narration of his thoughts regarding the reactions to his actions, and how he justifies them. He could have done anything: written a book, said something unethical, etc. Throughout the story, he keeps flashing back to a literal storm he experienced earlier, wherein he kept "standing there waiting for it to hit him". The piece ends with someone close to him also criticising his action, and him saying: "And that was the moment of impact. You could feel the force shatter your bones and the ripple of motion move through your body, immobilising you not due to fear, but due to despair. She had warned you this was coming. The oncoming storm. And you just stood there waiting for it to hit you."

Structure:

First para:
"And that was the moment of impact. You could feel the force shatter your bones and the ripple of motion move through your body, immobilising you not due to fear, but due to despair."

Second para: What he has done.

thrid para: flashback to storm

fourth para: justification for doing the action

fifth: flashback

sixth: reactions to his action

seventh: flashback

eigth: person close to him criticising his action

ninth:
"And that was the moment of impact. You could feel the force shatter your bones and the ripple of motion move through your body, immobilising you not due to fear, but due to despair. She had warned you this was coming. The oncoming storm. And you just stood there waiting for it to hit you."

Guaranteed A if you write it well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (10)
12.82%
I need help researching courses (7)
8.97%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.13%
I need help with my personal statement (32)
41.03%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (20)
25.64%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.56%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
3.85%

Watched Threads