The Student Room Group

A level Choices

So I've been accepted into Sixth Form and want to on to do an Accounting and Finance Course, leading to an Accountancy career.

I'm still a bit stuck on what to take though. I am definitely taking:

Mathematics
Economics
Physics

I still don't know between Computing and Geography for my fourth A level though...
Also should I do Mechanics or Stats for Maths, since Mechanics fits with Physics, but Stats fits with Accounting.

Any help would be great!
Reply 1
do stats, its considered easier than mechanics, and is more relevant to your course you want to pursue (which can be beneficial).

In all honesty, the decision between geog/computing will affect you for one year (assuming you want to take the other 3 further to A2)

Make a decision based on whats interesting to you, so you can do the best you can. It really doesnt matter which one is 'advantageous' as they both provide you with skills that are relatable in some way to the degree.

If you really cant choose between the two, then it may be best to go with both (5 AS subjects) and just have a go at both, seeing which one comes more naturally. Then drop one towards half-term/christmas if you dont enjoy one.Check with the 6th form you are going to if this is possible.

If not, either one wont really matter when applying as you have the maths(w/Stats) + econ.
Reply 2
Original post by 2013leaver
do stats, its considered easier than mechanics, and is more relevant to your course you want to pursue (which can be beneficial).

In all honesty, the decision between geog/computing will affect you for one year (assuming you want to take the other 3 further to A2)

Make a decision based on whats interesting to you, so you can do the best you can. It really doesnt matter which one is 'advantageous' as they both provide you with skills that are relatable in some way to the degree.

If you really cant choose between the two, then it may be best to go with both (5 AS subjects) and just have a go at both, seeing which one comes more naturally. Then drop one towards half-term/christmas if you dont enjoy one.Check with the 6th form you are going to if this is possible.

If not, either one wont really matter when applying as you have the maths(w/Stats) + econ.

Thanks for that, I'll check tomorrow :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending