Do fantasy football standings positively correlate with intelligence?

Watch
joseon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've noticed that in my fantasy football leagues, general speaking, friends and acquaintances who I consider to be smart are usually at the upper end of the league standings. When you think about it this makes sense because when you play fantasy football you are essentially analysing statistics, recognising patterns and then making logical decisions about the most efficent way to accrue points. I know that this isn't a groundbreaking observation, and that there's probably still a fair amount of luck involved, but I had just never thought about fantasy football this way before.

So anyway, do you think fantasy football standings positively correlate with intelligence?
TheMagicRat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I hope not.
Straight up G
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm in a fantasy football league with a bunch of medics, and they're all miles behind me, like 100s of points. In another with a bunch of football-smart lads and we're quite equal (though I'm top ). There might be some correlation but I think it's more down to passion for the game and knowledge of fantasy football subtleties etc.
joseon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Straight up G)
I'm in a fantasy football league with a bunch of medics, and they're all miles behind me, like 100s of points.
Are they actually active players though? Obviously you can't count people who start teams and then just forget about it and don't make any tranfers etc.
trrr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TheMagicRat)
I hope not.
This.
Clip
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There's a difference between correlating and a causal relationship.
Straight up G
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by joseon)
Are they actually active players though? Obviously you can't count people who start teams and then just forget about it and don't make any tranfers etc.
Obviously I'm not counting those, they are still active definitely.
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
To some extent in that having an IQ below 100 will harm your performance but having an IQ of 140 will not help vs someone with an IQ of 105
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (659)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (838)
42.56%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (383)
19.45%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed