Bodybuilding Advice (Beginner)

Watch
username1328815
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have been quite inactive in terms of exercise for quite a while and thus was looking to become fitter. I am not FAT, I'm just a tiny bit overweight. I wanted to ask for some guidance in terms of nutrition and exercises for me to get a body like this.

A friend of mine said he will give me the Insanity DVD's if I want them, he bought it but couldn't do more than a week. Do you think it is possible for me to get the above body in the space of two years if I do Insanity at home for the next 2-3 months and then sign up to a gym?
username369234
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
can get that within a year

do some research on bodybuilding nutrition and train hard.
username1328815
Rep:
?
(Original post by commandant)

Wow, a year!? How much time must be spent daily (If Nutrition is good) to achieve that look in that time-frame?
bobski2324
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My advice is to try to go to a gym three times per week and the results will come. I think you don't need any nutrition to lose weight
username1328815
Rep:
?
(Original post by bobski2324)
My advice is to try to go to a gym three times per week and the results will come. I think you don't need any nutrition to lose weight
I cannot go to the gym right now, that's why I planned on doing Insanity at home for the next few weeks - until summer at least.

By nutrition I also meant what foods I should eat what foods I shouldn't. I currently cannot live without chocolate - trying to cut that down gradually. I eat a lot of fish/chicken but very little salad/ vegetarian food but I plan on becoming mostly vegetarian (If that's a thing) in the near future - is that okay for bodybuilding?
Reps4Jesus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by commandant)

The average gym-goer is not going to achieve anywhere near this in a year

Posted from TSR Mobile
drewBusby
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/user/scooby1961?feature=watch

Listen to this guy. You can learn the basic from his channel.

Perfect body = workout + nutrition.
username369234
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Reps4Jesus)
The average gym-goer is not going to achieve anywhere near this in a year

Posted from TSR Mobile
But it is achievable if he puts the work in..

The guy in the photo isn't that great anyway. Heavy effects on the image. I'd call him toned.
Nvmthename
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Regardless of how long it takes you to get your goals the main aim is constant progression.

Posted from TSR Mobile
jord089
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd say it is 75% eating right and 25% lifting if you are lifting 5 times a week and eating wrong you are essentially doing nothing. Get your eating right and then Lift Lift Lift and you will become a hench.
zKlown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jord089)
I'd say it is 75% eating right and 25% lifting if you are lifting 5 times a week and eating wrong you are essentially doing nothing. Get your eating right and then Lift Lift Lift and you will become a hench.
I am inclined to agree with this.

However I think there is a lot of bad information on nutrition out there, particularly on how much protein is needed. I think a lot of this information is manipulated slightly for business purposes (like selling protein shakes etc)

OP

Hit around 1 - 1.6g of protein per KG of bodyweight you have every day. Make sure you get a good amount of carbs too to fuel your workouts.

Good food + 8 hours sleep a night + compound movements = gains

(for a beginner anyway)

And this is coming from my experience btw, I am a beginner too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (358)
84.04%
No (68)
15.96%

Watched Threads