The Student Room Group

wodjes reckon?

i was thinking maybe i'd do a "certificate" in greek if i get into cambridge next year. it's an ab initio course so doesnt sound too stressful, and i've been in love with greek since i was little and read all the roadsigns for places when we were driving along :p:

thing is do you think it'd be sensible what with me being at cambridge having a heavy workload and 2/3 (deynt forgot the norsk :wink:) other languages to think about?

bof, i suppose it's all up to me and my ability to handle things, but what do youse reckon?
Reply 1
Mr. Jim
i was thinking maybe i'd do a "certificate" in greek if i get into cambridge next year. it's an ab initio course so doesnt sound too stressful, and i've been in love with greek since i was little and read all the roadsigns for places when we were driving along :p:

thing is do you think it'd be sensible what with me being at cambridge having a heavy workload and 2/3 (deynt forgot the norsk :wink:) other languages to think about?

bof, i suppose it's all up to me and my ability to handle things, but what do youse reckon?

Deffo, go for it! If you have the willpower to do it then do it. Greek is an awesome language (hmm I say that about too many languages) and would be really great to learn, plus at least it would be a change of scenery from your other languages.
So yes:biggrin:
Reply 2
I was thinking about doing one too, but to be honest, leave it for your second year so you know whether or not you can cope. itll be hard enough dealing with the school/uni gap without you worrying about another subject.
Reply 3
But isn't the second year supposed to be harder than the first one?
I was thinking about doing a certificate too, in Italian or maybe German, but I think the Cambridge MML course will be demanding enough on its own and I'm not sure it would be advisable to take on another language as well. Personally I'll probably just concentrate on getting as fluent as possible in French and Spanish during my degree and then take an evening class after I graduate, but that doesn't mean you couldn't do it if you really want to.
Reply 5
second year is probably harder but at least you know what kind of levels of free time you have.
Reply 6
true, true, all true... i suppose i'll just have to have a word with someone if i get in and see what they think :smile: thanks guys!
Reply 7
All in all, I'd rather use my free time to go out and see my friends. Each to his own.

Latest

Trending

Trending